My Monthly Book Review...


This month's review is for Royal Sisters by Anne Edwards.

Anyone who knows me, knows I have a slight obsession with royal biographies. I usually read about the Tudor period from Henry VII to Elizabeth I but, lately, I have turned to the late 1800s through to the 1950s.

As I was trawling the internet for biographies to read, I came across Anne Edwards' Royal Sisters which encapsulates Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret from childhood through to the new Queen Elizabeth's coronation.

Edwards' writing style makes the whole reading experience informative, enjoyable and easy to digest. I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about these two very different sisters and their close relationship throughout their lives from children to young women. The majority of the book covers their personal lives, only touching on their royal duties, thus giving a good insight into their personalities, trials and tribulations without being biased or judgemental in any way.

A thoroughly good read that inspired me enough to go on to buy Anne Edwards' book on Queen Mary of Teck which I can't wait to start.

Happy Reading!



No comments

Post a Comment