My Monthly Book Review - Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris


As much as I enjoyed Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris, I have to be honest and say that I found some parts particularly harrowing. For anyone who has been unfortunate enough to experience domestic verbal, emotional and/or physical abuse, this book will be far from light reading.

That said, the story is extremely gripping and kept me turning the pages of any book I have read in a long time. The characters are vile at times, completely frustrating at others but, all in all, I was entirely invested in all of them. Which can only be a good thing as far as an author is concerned!

This was a selection for my book club and I am looking forward to hearing my fellow readers' views - without a doubt, Behind Closed Doors makes for some pretty good discussion.

Recommended...with a warning regarding graphic and mentally disturbing scenes.

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment