My Monthly Book Review...




This month's review is of Elizabeth Hoyt's Wicked Intentions

As a fan of historical romance, I would've have to been living under a stone not to have heard of Elizabeth Hoyt but, much to my regret, I hadn't picked up any of her books until a few weeks ago. As a bonafide bibliophile, I researched Elizabeth's books to ensure I started one of her series at the beginning in case I wanted to go ahead and buy the rest.

I can safely say that buying WILL be happening!

Wicked Intentions is book 1 in Elizabeth's Maiden Lane series and introduces the fabulous Lord Caire and the target of his wicked intentions, Temperance Dews. I was hooked from page one of this wonderful book and I'm sure a big part of my draw to this story was that it doesn't open with elegant ballrooms, drawing rooms and chandeliers, but rather introducing us to the eerie alleys of St. Giles and the foundling home Temperance and her brother are desperately trying to keep afloat.

Elizabeth's setting descriptions and dialogue are superb and all too soon I was engrossed. After sealing a bargain with Caire, Temperance agrees to help him track down his mistress' killer in exchange for Caire helping her find a patron for the home. The sexual tension is palpable as are the hero and heroine's individual pain and conflict making them a couple I was rooting for from the beginning.

Wicked Intentions has a wonderful premise, rich in conflict and detail that I absolutely loved. I can safely say Elizabeth Hoyt will feature on my 'to read' list for a long time to come.




No comments

Post a Comment