Welcome to my good friend & fabulous romance author, Teri Wilson...




1.)                What did you want to be when you grew up?

When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ballerina or a Radio City Rockette. I’m still very passionate about dance, and actually, the heroine in book 1 of my Drake Diamonds series (His Ballerina Bride) is a former ballet dancer. You can get a peek of her in The Princess Problem, which is book 2 of the series. Next year, I’ll have a new series for Harlequin Special Edition called Wilde Hearts, and all four of those books are centered around a family-run dance school in Manhattan.

2.)                Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?

Coffee!! But in fairness, I add a lot of cream and sugar. At a writing conference last year, a friend of mine said I like my coffee like Alexander Skarsgard—blonde and sweet.

3.)                What genre do you typically read? Why?

I read mostly women’s fiction and romance, because these books seem to be the most emotional reads and I love to feel something when I dive into a story. I like a happy ending, but I also like it when a book devastates me. I just want to feel all the feelings.

4.)                Share a favourite childhood memory.

Well, since we’re talking about The Princess Problem, I have to say that one of my favorite childhood memories was getting up in the middle of the night (I’m American) to watch the royal wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana when I was thirteen years old. I loved Diana from the moment she came on the scene. In fact, my very first published words were a letter to the editor of Seventeen Magazine thanking them for an article on Lady Di. It included a how-to diagram for her hairstyle, and I definitely tore it out and took it to my hairdresser. I’m ready for Prince Harry to get engaged. We need another royal wedding.

5.)                Do you have any shameless addictions? ie. Tea, Books, Shoes, Clothes?

Oh! Handbags and shoes. And also vintage/retro fashion. (Please don’t make me choose just one!) Readers will probably notice that Aurélie, the heroine in The Princess Problem carries a Birkin bag. I doubt I’ll ever have one of those in real life, so I wrote it into a story. It’s the next best thing.

6.)                What do you think is the biggest challenge of writing a new book?

For me, finishing a manuscript is always the most difficult part. I have trouble letting the book go. Even after I turn it into my editor, I continue working on it in my head. It’s bad. The only way to move on is to start a new project.

7.)                Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages a day?

I aim for 2,000 words per day. Sometimes when I’m just starting a book, I’ll stop at 1,000 per day because the beginning is always difficult for me to get right. In the beginning, it’s a very slow process for me. When the book is almost finished, the momentum is crazy intense and I write much more than that because it’s hard to write as fast as the words are spinning in my head.

8.)                What are your thoughts on writing a book series?

I’ve written several series where the books are connected, but they weren’t part of a series in the truest sense. I consider Drake Diamonds my first actual series, because in addition to a central love story in each book, there’s a continuous thread that runs through all three stories. It was such fun to write! It’s full of glitz and glamour, but also a lot of emotion. I love writing series because you get to know the characters on deeper level.


THE PRINCESS PROBLEM, Drake Diamonds book 2

A Diamond in the Rough 
Always-proper princess Aurélie Marchand never flouts the wishes of her father. But when she's set to marry a man she doesn't love, Aurélie finally escapes—to glittering New York City. And she's got a surprise for her hosts at Drake Diamonds: a magnificent secret treasure that can guide their fortunes forever. But it's the dour but dashing Dalton Drake who is the true surprise… 
Despite a store built on finding true love, after one tragic try at marriage Dalton's wed only to his family's business. When the feisty princess appears on his doorstep, though, she immediately tries his patience…and charms her way into his fiercely padlocked heart. But can the secret-filled runaway royal become his forever bride?  

Buy Links:


Amazon US: http://a.co/e85Mqn4


Bio:

Teri Wilson is a romance novelist for Harlequin Books and contributing writer for HelloGiggles, an entertainment and lifestyle website founded by Zooey Deschanel and now a division of People Magazine. Teri is the author of UNLEASHING MR. DARCY, now a Hallmark Channel Original Movie. She loves books, animals, travel and dancing every day. Visit her at www.teriwilson.net or on Twitter @TeriWilsonauthr.

No comments

Post a Comment