Top 5 Books Made Into Movies

I am one of those people who tends to read a book before I watch a film adaptation...thought it might be fun to share my all time top 5 Books into Movies...


Number 5 – The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Such a romantic story than spans a lifetime of love and devotion – cannot watch this movie without crying. It’s a story that will touch even the most jaded of hearts. A love we all hope for…

Number 4 – Bridget Jones’ Diary by Helen Fielding

One of the movies that I actually love more than the book. Just brilliant. Never fails to cheer me up if I’m feeling glum. The casting of Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant is genius, but the support cast are equally as fantastic. A movie that shows British humor at its best. Superb!

Number 3 – Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell

My favorite book of all-time and the movie entirely does it justice. At almost four hours long, it’s epic, but so worth escaping to watch for the afternoon or evening. I truly believe another movie of this magnitude will never be made again.

Number 2 – The Color Purple by Alice Walker

Where do I start? Such a grueling, difficult rollercoaster of emotions, issues and themes covered in this wonderful book and movie. I cried reading the book, but even more so with the movie. Steven Spielberg is a genius and his art is truly showcased in this wonderful movie.

Number 1 - Forrest Gump by Winston Groom


One of my favorite movies of all-time – just wonderful. Tom Hanks truly deserved his second Academy Award for the starring role, and Sally Field and Gary Sinise are magnificent in their supporting roles too. Just an amazing, life affirming story…

What are you favourites?? 

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment