Welcome romance author, Ellie Gray...




1.)          What is your favourite thing about yourself?
Hmm. I think I’m a kind person – usually trying to make sure that everyone is okay. I also quite like the fact that I’m a little bit quirky – and not overly bothered if people think I dress a little bit weird sometimes.

2.)          What do you wish you’d known before you started writing?

That getting down the first draft is just the beginning. I wish I had known the technical aspect to writing – editing (and not just for grammar and spelling), character arcs, point of view, etc. And also that it is okay to think you’re first draft is rubbish because it is just that – a first draft and probably the first of many….

3.)          Share a romantic moment in your life.
I love Christmas. A couple of years ago my partner, David, and I spent a weekend in Edinburgh in December. It snowed quite hard and we walked around the Christmas Market hand in hand and then went on the Ferris Wheel. The view was just magical, overlooking Edinburgh, full of snow and Christmas lights.  It was romantic simply because I was there with David, who hates heights and the big wheel, but who made it special.

4.)          Is there one subject you’d never write about as an author? What is it?

It’s difficult to say I would never write about something in particular because you just never know. Characters and stories pop into my head quite randomly but I am mainly a romance writer so it would be unusual for me to write a gritty war or crime novel. But, as I said, you just never know…

5.)          Do you have any suggestions to help someone become a better writer? If so, what are they?

Every author will say this, but read as many books and different authors as you can. If you can afford it, go to a writer’s workshop to learn the technical aspects, as I mentioned above. It really helped me to know about those things. There are plenty of books available to buy which can teach you those things too. It really makes you see things in a different light and it helps you as you write your book because you are already looking out for those errors that editors will pick up on.

6.)          If you could be the original author for any book, what would it be? Why?

I would love to be the original author of the Amelia Peabody series of books, written by Elizabeth Peters. Amelia is an unorthodox Victorian woman who, with her archaeologist husband, solves crime and murder mysteries. The books are funny and quirky and are set in Egypt, which I love.

7.)          What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?

I don’t really remember getting into much trouble – nothing major anyway, which I suppose makes me a bit of a goody-two-shoes!  I couldn’t really go anywhere to cause too much trouble as we lived in the middle of nowhere on the edge of a forest, so I spent much of the time exploring the forest with my two brothers and making dens etc.

8.)          If I came to your house for dinner what would you prepare for me? Why?

If you came in the summer, I’d prepare a Mediterranean feast of cold meats, cheeses, dips, breads, olives etc as I love that light kind of food, and we’d eat in the garden with a glass of wine.  In the Winter, I’d probably cook a range of Indian dishes – one of my favourite types of food. With wine. Or beer. Or both J



Author Bio:

Ellie loves to write contemporary, feel-good romance and YA fiction, and is very proud to be a member of the Romantic Novelist Association. She lives in the beautiful East Riding of Yorkshire with her partner, David, two children, two cats and a chinchilla.
Currently working full-time in public services and studying for an MSc in Public Management, Ellie one day hopes to achieve her ambition of writing full time.

Beauty and the Recluse

Following the recent death of her father, and in need of both a job and somewhere to live, Kiya takes a housekeeping job on the spur of the moment. She soon finds herself living in a beautiful but neglected mansion, working for a strange and reclusive man. 

St. John is a man scarred by the past, both physically and emotionally, and is determined to live out his life alone. They are two very different people, drawn to each other almost against their will, but can Kiya convince St. John that he is not the monster he believes himself to be?

Ellie’s debut novel, Beauty and the Recluse, is due for release on 12th February 2016 by Tirgearr Publishing and is currently available for pre-order. Please follow the links below:


http://www.tirgearrpublishing.com/authors/Gray_Ellie
http://www.tirgearrpublishing.com/authors/Gray_Ellie/beauty-and-the-recluse.htm


 Social Media Links





No comments

Post a Comment