Hi Tracy! Great to have you here today and to be a part of your ongoing tour with Goddess Fish Promotions. Wishing you lots of sales of sales with your latest instalment of The Alex Chronicles: What My Friends Don't Know...
1) What is the strangest talent you have? Okay, let me just say, that is a great interview ice breaker. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer.
2) What is the best Halloween costume you’ve ever worn? I can’t remember the last time I wore a Halloween costume. So far, I sound boring.
3) Are the titles of your books important? Okay, a question I have answer for. Smile. The titles of my books are very important to me. I know if the title and cover don’t grab the reader, it’s going to be difficult to get the reader to even consider reading the book sample.
4) If you’re struggling with a scene or difficult character, what methods help you through it? If I hit a road block, I either get up and walk away from the the computer, or turn on the playlist. Sometimes, it’s just a matter of clearing my thoughts. Once I do that, I get back to work and the words flow.
5) Do you prefer dog, cats or none of the above? Anyone that knows me, knows I want a little dog. I have been experiencing puppy withdrawal. I’ve narrowed my choices down to a Yorkie, Chinese Crested, Shih Tzu or Poodle. I have a slight allergy to dogs and cats are definitely not an option…I can’t breath when I’m around cats. I’ve been researching hypo-allergenic dogs and the ones I mentioned are options. Maybe this is the year I’ll get one.
6) Who’s your favourite author? Why? Oh man, that’s a tough question. There are so many that I admire, that it would be unfair to single one out.
7) Do you have a pet peeve? Do I have a pet peeve? I’m sure I do, but I can’t think of it right now.
8) Do you remember your dreams when you wake up in the morning? Not all the time, but yes, I remember my dreams. Trust, me, I’ve had some really good ones. In fact, the dreams Kendell has in What My Friends Don't Know, are mine. That's a little tid bit for your readers. Thanks for hosting me today.
The Alex Chronicles: What My Friends Don't Know
by Tracy Reed
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
Alexandra “Alex” Miller and her best friends are more like sisters. They live by the code that a good girlfriend will stick by you and be honest with you not matter what.
They’ve been friends over twenty years and have seen each other through marriage, divorce, broken engagement, death and other minor crisis. But it’s the secrets they’ve failed to trust each other with. Each of them is holding on to a secret they believe could destroy not only their reputation, but their friendship as well.
Alex and her best friends, Chloe, Taylor, Kendell and Dionne all long for one thing, a happy ending. As they’ve gotten older, they’ve discovered, not everyone gets the fairytale happy ending they want, but the reality life has orchestrated for them.
I couldn’t move. That was the most uncomfortable experience I’ve ever had, much worse than my first pelvic exam. In fact, right about now, those stirrups are looking pretty good, because that would distract me from all the memories that brief encounter resurrected. It’s been over twenty years and he still makes my stomach jump.
“Who was that man?” Bas asked.
I couldn’t dance around his question like I did last night. “Uhm...did I ever tell you how I got the money to start my business?”
“Does it have anything to do with the couple we just met?”
“It has everything to do with them.” I took a deep breath and continued. “My girlfriends know about Jonathan, but only a handful of people know about Terrence.”
“Come on, let’s sit down.” He guided me back to the club chairs, we sat down and I stared out the window.
“I spent the summer before my junior year and my junior year of college working at Motif Magazine in Paris. The short version, Terrence and I met at the Louvre. We were both trying to see the Mona Lisa. Unfortunately, so was everyone else. Instead, we spent the afternoon exploring the museum and by closing time, we were in love. He was in Paris working for his father’s company.”
“That’s your ex?”
“Have you ever wondered if it’s possible to be married and no one know?” He looked perplexed. “Let me answer it for you. Yes.”
“Towards the end of summer we were hooked at the hip. We spent all of our free time together. Instead of going home for the holidays, I stayed in Paris and spent them with Terrence. Spring came and the air was filled with love. He proposed and two weeks after Valentine’s Day we got married. When his parents found out, they came over and yanked him out of our apartment. The last time I saw him was that morning.”
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
I am a single Christian woman who loves God, Fashion and Cute Guys. Not all women who write Christian fiction will admit to that.
The subjects I write about are considered taboo in Christian fiction. If you want to read about Christians dealing with unrequited love, apprehension to give love another chance, arranged marriages, physical attraction, divorce, annulment, controlling their urges, infidelity, abortion, dating younger men, being a single mother, slipping up and sleeping with your estranged ex, standing up for yourself, being honest about not liking your in-laws, still being attracted to your ex, battling postpartum depression, having challenges in your walk with Christ or if you aren't too proud to admit you sometimes get angry and yell at God, then you're in the right place.
The people that read my books have a thing for designer clothes and accessories and aren't ashamed to admit it. To them a cute Christian guy on their arm is the finish to the perfect outfit. Sort of like lipstick, you don't have to have it, but it sure makes you feel prettier when you do.
GIVEAWAY INFORMATION and RAFFLECOPTER CODE
Tracy Reed will be awarding a $10 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour, and a $10 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn host.