My Monthly Book Review...Outlander by Diana Galbaldon




I know, I know, I am REALLY late coming to what promises to be a fantastic series of time slip novels!

Any romance reader must have been living under a rock to not have heard of the Outlander series, but because I'm not a fan of paranormal romance for some bizarre reason, I had it in my head that I wouldn't enjoy this series. Now I've read the first book in the series, I have NO idea what I was thinking!

The book's protagonist, Claire Randall is transported back in time from 1945 to 1743. She is already married to Frank, whom she loves deeply but in her new time and, during her struggle to get home and to survive amongst the Highlands clan she has found herself literally landed with, she falls in love with Jamie Fraser.

I don't want to tell you too much about the content of this 860 page book, but I do want you to read it and share your thoughts! This is an epic novel (with so far, another 6 to collect!) that delivers everything. Romance, intrigue, clan clashes and conflicts aplenty, a truly fantastic read!

As well as the novels, Outlander is also a TV series - unfortunately, only available on Amazon Prime in the UK. I am watching the series at the moment and it does not disappoint. It is so well cast! Jamie is...well, let's just say I am deeply in love *sigh*

Grab Outlander (Cross Stitch in the UK) today - it's a must read!




Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment