Introducing The Accidental Guest by Tilly Tennant...



        Hi Tilly! It's great to welcome you back to my blog and to be part of your ongoing tour. Wishing you lots of success and sales with your latest release, THE ACCIDENTAL GUEST. Let's kick off with my questions...

1.    What do you wish men understood about women?

That when we’re not complaining about how much work we’ve done that day, it doesn’t mean that we’ve done no work. It just means that we don’t feel the need to keep telling everyone what we’ve quietly got on with.  Or maybe that’s just my Mr T!  Great question, though!

2.    Do you only work on one book at a time?

Yes, I find it really difficult to juggle because I’m so often completely immersed in the world of the story I’m working on. Usually, I can’t even concentrate on real life, let alone another book!

3.    Who is your favorite fictional couple?

Westley and Buttercup from The Princess Bride.  I love the way that they are not only devoted to each other, but they’re not so doe-eyed that they can’t share a bit of banter.

4.    Do you have a favorite quote that sums up how you feel about life?

When I read this question I knew it was going to be an Oscar Wilde quote, but I couldn’t quite remember how it went. So I looked it up, read through lots of other quotes to get it, and I found that, actually, pretty much everything Wilde has ever said makes perfect sense to me and could answer this question! I’m going with my original choice, though: ‘We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.’

5.    Do you set daily writing goals? Word count? Number of chapters? Do you get a chance to write every day?

Yes, I try to write 2000 words a day but it rarely happens. What happens is I get behind schedule and have a panic day where I don’t move from the laptop until I’ve caught up, and usually end up working into the night!  I try to write every day, even if it’s only a little plotting, as I feel guilty on days when I don’t.

6.    What do you like better, Twitter or Facebook? Why?

I like that you can say more on Facebook but I also like the instant reactions on Twitter, so it’s really hard to choose!

7.    What are you working on now?

I’m working on the third book of the Once Upon a Winter series. This one is giving me headaches as I try to pull all the strands of the story together!

8.    Tell us about your latest release and where we can find it

It’s the first book in the Once Upon a Winter series and it’s called The Accidental Guest.  The story begins on Christmas Day when Hannah Meadows’ Christmas dinner is interrupted by a knock at the door. When she goes to answer it she finds a stranger on her step, desperate for help.  Things get very complicated from there!


 THE ACCIDENTAL GUEST
BY TILLY TENNANT
From the author of the much-loved, best-selling Mishaps in Millrise, a brand new four-novella-part series, Once Upon a Winter- come and fall in love this Christmas!

'...a wonderful read with a bubbly, unique and fresh style of writing' Sky’s Book Corner
'Tilly makes her characters so relatable that you can’t help but fall in love with them' Starcrossed Reviews


Soulmates don’t just fall from the sky… do they?
Hannah Meadows doesn’t believe in fate or destiny, or any of the other things people reach for when they lose control of their lives. That is, until a man arrives on her doorstep on Christmas Day begging for help. Hannah’s not the sort of woman to turn her back on someone in need, but this isn’t what compels her to aid the handsome stranger, nor is it his intense dark eyes, or the inexplicable feelings she quickly develops for him.

Something magical is coming her way, something that will turn her life completely upside down. Hannah Meadows may not believe in fate or destiny, but they seem to have other ideas…
BUY LINKS
ABOUT TILLY TENNANT
Tilly Tennant was born in Dorset, the oldest of four children, but now lives in Staffordshire with a family of her own. After years of dismal and disastrous jobs, including paper plate stacking, shop girl, newspaper promotions and waitressing (she never could carry a bowl of soup without spilling a bit), she decided to indulge her passion for the written word by embarking on a degree in English and creative writing, graduating in 2009 with first class honours. She wrote her first novel in 2007 during her first summer break at university and has not stopped writing since. She also works as a freelance fiction editor, and considers herself very lucky that this enables her to read many wonderful books before the rest of the world gets them.

Hopelessly Devoted to Holden Finn was her debut novel; published in 2014 it was an Amazon bestseller in both the UK and Australia. It was followed by Mishaps and Mistletoe and The Man Who Can't Be Moved. Find out more about Tilly and how to join her mailing list for news and exclusives at www.tillytennant.com

GIVEAWAY
Amazon gift card £10 / $15


Comments?? Questions??


No comments

Post a Comment