Welcome fabulous Eastend author, Jean Fullerton...


 I am so excited to welcome my good friend and one of my favourite authors, Jean Fullerton to my blog today. Welcome, lovely lady! As a huge fan of Jean's work...especially her fabulous Victorian series (Patrick Nolan from A Glimpse At Happiness might just be my favourite hero EVER!), I am looking forward to hearing all about her latest release, FETCH NURSE CONNIE. Let's start with my questions...

1.)          What is your favourite thing about yourself?

My imagination. If you can make up stories you’re never lonely or bored.

2.)          What do you wish you’d known before you started writing?

Lots of things but the one thing I’m glad I didn’t know was how difficult it is to get published. If I’d know the truth of that I might have thought it was too high a mountain to attempt to climb.

3.)          Share a romantic moment in your life.

Sailing way from Bora Bora at sunset with my Hero-at-Home we were on a  cruise around Tahiti to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. 

4.)          Is there one subject you’d never write about as an author? What is it?

I don’t think there’s something I wouldn’t write I could say never  but I’m reluctant to write about cruelty to animals as it upsets me and readers too much.

5.)          Do you have any suggestions to help someone become a better writer? If so, what are they?

Read widely across genres, perfect your craft and then never give up. I have a ring binder with over a 100 rejection letter from editors and agents so you have to just be persistent.   

6.)          If you could be the original author for any book, what would it be? Why?

For my heart: Katherine by Anya Seton. Although it was published over 60 years ago it is still loved by so many readers including me.  
For my bank balance: I wish I’d written A Woman of Substance.

7.)          What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?

Talked in class and anyone who knows me now knows I haven’t changed.

8.)          If I came to your house for dinner what would you prepare for me? Why?
A collection of take-a-way menus as I don’t cook.  


Blurb and link. Fetch Nurse Connie.

Connie Byrne, a nurse in London's East End working alongside Millie Sullivan from Call Nurse Millie, is planning her wedding to Charlie Ross, set to take place as soon as he returns from the war. But when she meets him off the train at London Bridge, she finds that his homecoming isn't going to go according to plan.

Connie's busy professional life, and the larger-than-life patients in the district, offer a welcome distraction, but for how long?

Available from Orion Fiction on kindle, paperback and hardback

 ‘A delightful, well researched story that depicts nursing and the living conditions in the East End at the end of the war’ (Lesley Pearce)

‘...The writing shines off the page and begs for a sequel’ (Historical Novel Society)


‘…you will ride emotional highs and lows with each new birth and death. Beautifully written with some sharp dialogue.’ (THE LADY)

Jean is waiting to chat! Questions?? Comments??

No comments

Post a Comment