Welcome Accent Press author, Sophie Claire...



Hi Sophie!

It is so great to have you here and to find out more about you and your writing - I ADORE your quilting...so, so talented! Okay, let's get started with my questions...

1.) What is the strangest talent you have?

I’m a dab hand at invisible knots! (I love patchwork and quilting)

2.) What is the best Halloween costume you’ve ever worn?

I think I’ve only ever been a witch for Halloween but I once went to a New Year’s Eve party dressed as Cruella De Vil! I made the dalmation shawl myself and must confess enjoyed wearing a feather boa a little too much! (no dogs were harmed, I hasten to add!)

3.) Are the titles of your books important?

Yes, and I usually think of the title quite early on in the writing process. However, I really struggled to come up with one for Her Forget-Me-Not Ex. I had finished the book before it came to me, but when it did, I was so pleased that it referenced flowers because the heroine, Natasha, runs a florist shop.

4.) If you’re struggling with a scene or difficult character, what methods help you through it?

I get a pile of rough paper and my favourite black pen, and just scribble! I write stream of consciousness, whatever comes into my head, which usually starts off with worries about the scene or the character or the plot, but then morphs into a brainstorm of ideas to solve the problem. By the end of it I often have a solution to my problem. The method is loosely based on Julia Cameron’s morning pages (as described in The Artist’s Way) and the key is to relax and let myself explore different possibilities.

5.) Do you prefer dog, cats or none of the above?

My sister’s a vet and she got all the animal-loving genes, whereas I’m horribly allergic! However, I adore babies (the human kind)!

6.) Who’s your favourite author? Why?

It would be impossible to narrow it down to one author because there are so many I admire in different ways, and my tastes change all the time. However, the one I keep returning to recently is Jojo Moyes. I love the balance she strikes between strong, readable plots which are also beautifully written and thought-provoking.

7.) Do you have a pet peeve?

Apostrophes in plurals! (eg. Apostrophe’s in plural’s). I see this more and more, and the proofreader in me wants to get my red pen out…!

8.) Do you remember your dreams when you wake up in the morning?

Yes! And I have some really wacky dreams so I love telling the family about them. But being all boys (who don’t remember theirs) they think I’m crazy!
Here's my book blurb:
When wealthy French businessman Luc pleads with his ex-wife Natasha to come to France and pretend they're still married for a couple of weeks to please his dying father, she's not sure she can say no. She certainly isn't prepared for the warmth of his family's welcome, or the attraction that's still simmering between her and Luc. 
But it's just two weeks in a vineyard, no strings attached, right?
My buy links:

Amazon UK:

Amazon USA:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V6B7T2Y/ref=s9_simh_gw_p351_d4_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1W0ZKT10JDVVH7PC4QPK&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop   

BIO: 

Sophie Claire was born in Africa to a French mother and Scottish father who settled halfway in Manchester, and Sophie still lives there now with her husband and two boys.
Sophie was shortlisted for the Elizabeth Goudge Award 2011 and the Sophie King Prize 2014. Over the years she has worked in marketing and proofreading academic papers, but writing is what she considers her 'real job', even if she has yet to convince the bank manager.

 Links 

 Twitter: @sclairewriter
  Facebook: www.facebook.com/sophieclairewriter

GIVEAWAY

Sophie is giving away a kindle copy of my book, Her Forget-Me-Not Ex, to one lucky commenter!

Good luck :D

Comments?? Questions??

No comments

Post a Comment