Welcome Crooked Cat Publishing author, Helen Rolfe...



                  Hi Helen! Great to have you here - I am looking forward to finding out more about you and your writing. Let's get started with my questions!


1.)            What did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a magazine editor when I was 9 years old, and I still have the magazine I put together! There were interviews with neighbours and friends, photographs of a horse riding lesson, a quiz and a spot the difference!

2.)            Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?

Hot chocolate every time! I don’t actually like coffee – when I arrived in Melbourne back in 2000 my agent couldn’t believe I didn’t drink it as Melburnians are renowned for their love of coffee.

Hot chocolate is perfect but some are very naughty…those made with pure Belgian chocolate must not be consumed too often!

3.)            What genre do you typically read? Why?

I read women’s fiction or romantic fiction. I like my books to cover a multitude of themes and I don’t mind if there are emotional moments in there that tug at the heartstrings. But ultimately I do like to feel uplifted as I read.
I think what I love the most about the genre is that I can relate to it so much, which in turn makes what I’m reading believable.

4.)            Share a favourite childhood memory.

My mum letting a friend and I loose in the kitchen to cook when the estate agent was showing a potential buyer around the house. I think she must’ve been pretty relaxed about the whole thing. Anyway, the mess we made must’ve looked homely because the house sold!

5.)            Do you have any shameless addictions? ie. Tea, Books, Shoes, Clothes?

Books, for sure! Apart from that, chocolate J

6.)            What do you think is the biggest challenge of writing a new book?

I love thinking of an idea, plotting, and the first draft even. I think the biggest challenge for me is in the editing. I’m editing book three right now and I can procrastinate for hours!

7.)            Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages a day?

I tend to aim for a set amount of hours a week rather than a word limit. This seems to help me sit down at the computer, but stops me panicking. I also set myself little milestones along the way to make sure that I’m getting the writing done. I’ve cut down a lot on social media lately as I was spending more time on that than I was writing L

8.)            What are your thoughts on writing a book series?

I think people love a series. I haven’t written one yet, or planned one, but I wouldn’t say no to the idea!

Is running away ever the answer?

Tamara Harding left the UK to join family in Australia, but more importantly, to put ten thousand miles between her and her ex, Bradley Cox. She is soon drawn in to the small community of Brewer Creek where she becomes the coordinator for an old fashioned Friendship Tree – a chart telling people who they can call on in times of trouble. 

As she vows to start over, she meets Jake Manning – and life gets more complicated than she could ever have imagined. Jake is the direct competitor for the family business, and a man with a dark secret, and Tamara struggles to fight her attraction to him as she deals with secrets of her own and an ex who refuses to give up. 

When danger descends on Brewer Creek in the form of Jake’s own past, Tamara soon realises the Friendship Tree does a lot more than organise fundraising events and working bees; it has the power to unite an entire town. But will Tamara see past the complications and allow herself a happy ending with Jake?


Or will she run away again?
         
          Amazon UK

Twitter: HjRolfe
I also blog with The Write Romantics: http://thewriteromantics.com/

Helen is waiting to chat! Questions? Comments?

No comments

Post a Comment