Welcome Wild Rose Press author, Jacqueline Farrell...



1.)            What did you want to be when you grew up?

A teacher, because they got long holidays and everyone knew their job was dead easy!

2.)           Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?

Tea. Always tea.

3.)           What genre do you typically read? Why?

I love paranormals and vampire novels which is what I write, but also courtroom dramas and cop novels. At the moment I’m rereading Jonathan Kellerman and have just discovered JKRowlings Cormoran Strike novels, which, to my amazement, I really like.

4.)           Share a favourite childhood memory.

On a walk with my brother and cousin when we were about seven and eight. Our fathers and grandfather were about 100 yards in front, having forgotten about us because they were gossiping, and our granddad’s Alsation, Duke, got very agitated and kept running backwards and forwards, trying to herd us together until the adults remembered us. The dog didn’t even really like us that much because we were irritating little children, but he couldn’t rest until we were all in a close group like we were supposed to be.

5.)           Do you have any shameless addictions? ie. Tea, Books, Shoes, Clothes?

Writing – don’t feel right unless I’ve at least opened my laptop and stared at my work, even if I don’t write anything useful.

6.)           What do you think is the biggest challenge of writing a new book?

The first sentence.

7.)           Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages a day?

I aim for at least 500 words a day. Doesn’t mean I actually do 500 words a day!

8.)           What are your thoughts on writing a book series?

I love series. I love reading them, because to me it’s like getting to know a friend and hearing about their life and what’s been happening to them, so I love writing them as well. All of my books are created with the idea in mind that I’ll return to the same characters again. 

Jacqueline's latest release is Sophronia & The Vampire (Wild Rose Press) - here is the blurb and buy links:

She may be fifty, English, and a professional crone, but Sophronia Sheridan is not one to turn down a chance to help others, even when it goes against her better judgment. When she is faced with young witches and vampires who have fallen under a head vampire's power, she allows herself to become beholden to him in order to help the youth gain their freedom. Along the way, she realizes there is much more to the story--rival factions in the local undead community are growing restless with the current climate. Caught in a struggle for power and territory, she has to determine who to trust and what is worth fighting for.


Here is a brief bio: 
"I am 54 years old and live in the Northwest of England with my husband and two sons, aged 19 and 14. I am a teacher of French and English working with children who need to be home educated for a variety of medical reasons. I have been writing since my early twenties and have published two historical romances and co-authored a Jane Austen sequel."
Twitter : @jacquiefw1
Facebook: Jacqueline Farrell
  Comments??

No comments

Post a Comment