Welcome contemporary romance author, Lorna Peel...




1.    What do you wish men understood about women?

That men knew when to keep quiet and let women vent and when to offer support and/or advice.

2.    Do you only work on one book at a time?

No, I always have a few works in progress on the go, both contemporary and historical.

3.    Who is your favorite fictional couple?

I don’t think I have a favourite, but Heathcliff and Cathy from Wuthering Heights intrigue me as they can’t live with each other and they can’t live without each other with pretty disastrous consequences.

4.    Favorite TV show?

I have two – Robin of Sherwood – a mystical take on the Robin Hood story and Six Feet Under, which is set in a Los Angeles funeral home and appeals to my warped sense of humour!

5.    Do you set daily writing goals? Word count? Number of chapters? Do you get a chance to write every day?

No, I don’t set writing goals of any kind, if I put that pressure on myself I wouldn’t get anything done. I don’t get to write every day either, especially during the summer when there is a lot to do in the garden etc., but almost every day.

6.    Who was the last person you hugged?

My mum, who was visiting me for a few days recently.

7.    What are you working on now?

My current project is an historical romance called Into The Unknown and is set in England and Ireland during World War Two. Kate Sheridan is an Irish emigrant facing up to the hostility towards the neutral Irish during World War Two. Charlie Butler is a newly-promoted RAF pilot, struggling to come to terms with his growing love for Kate and the horrors the war will bring to them both.

8.    Tell us about your latest release and where we can find it

My latest release is Only You, a contemporary romance set in London, England. As Jane Hollinger puts it bluntly herself, she’s the wrong side of thirty, teaches Adult Education Classes, and is divorced. So why is she more concerned about the “Badly Blond Bloke” who enrolled so late for her family history evening classes that she doesn’t even know what his name is yet, than finding a new man on the dating website her sister, Mags, and best friend, Carol, have subscribed her to? Why does she have a nagging feeling that she thinks she’s seen him somewhere before? And why is it that Mags is the journalist on a fashion magazine and gets to interview sexy actors and pinch designer clothes and not her? Life can be such a bitch sometimes but for Jane that’s all about to change…

Excerpt:

Only two students joined Jane in the King’s Head. It was a huge pub on the corner of the street where the adult education centre was. There was a strong smell of curry in the air. Diana’s nose wrinkled as they made their way through the busy pub to an empty table.
“I didn’t even get his name!” Dave complained, apparently still upset about getting the brush off. “Did you?” he asked Jane.
“No, he’s not on my list. Must be a last minute addition.”
“Comes to a family history class and doesn’t even tell us his name.” Dave rolled his eyes. “Cute, but I’m not sure about the hair.”
“You’re gay?” Diana asked bluntly.
Jane cringed.
“Well spotted!” Dave beamed at her. “Yep. There’ll be no fruit of my loins to carry on the name, so I’m going to try and do the old family tree and give it to my brother’s kid. He’s got no interest in it at all, as you’d expect from a thirteen-year-old, but in the future…”
“The badly-blond man,” Jane said. “It’s silly, but do you recognise him from somewhere?”
“Badly-blond!” Dave laughed. “Good one. No, I think I would have remembered him.”
“Why?” Diana was curious.
“I don’t know; I mean, the hair is a complete disaster, but it just struck me when I saw him, I don’t know.”
“Looked like he was on drugs to me,” Diana declared.
Jane saw Dave roll his eyes. “They still have ancestors, Di.”
“Diana, please.”
He held up his hands. “I stand corrected. Diana it is. Another round?”

Blurb:

Jane Hollinger is the wrong side of thirty, divorced and struggling to pay the mortgage her cheating ex left her with. As a qualified genealogist, teaching family history evening classes is a way for her to make ends meet. But she begins to wonder if it’s such a good idea when a late enroller for the class is a little... odd. “Badly-blond Bloke” both scares and intrigues Jane, and when she discovers he is her all-time favourite actor and huge crush, Robert Armstrong, she’s stunned. Even more stunning to Jane is the fact that Robert is interested in her romantically. He’s everything she ever dreamed of, and more, but can she overcome her fear of living in the public eye to be with the man she loves?


About me:

Lorna Peel is an author of contemporary and historical romantic fiction. She has had work published in three Irish magazines – historical articles on The Stone of Scone in ‘Ireland’s Own’, on The Irish Potato Famine in the ‘Leitrim Guardian’, and Lucy’s Lesson, a contemporary short story in ‘Woman’s Way’. Lorna was born in England and lived in North Wales until her family moved to Ireland to become farmers, which is a book in itself! She lives in rural Ireland, where she write, researches her family history, and grows fruit and vegetables. She also keeps chickens (and a Guinea Hen who now thinks she’s a chicken!).


Thank you for featuring me on your blog, Rachel!

 Comments?? Questions??



No comments

Post a Comment