Welcome muilti-published author, Amie Louellen...





1.    What do you wish men understood about women?

You know, I don’t know. I mean, I had given up on this pipe dream of having a man understand. Give me a minute…Okay, here goes. That after we ask how we look, giving us a grimacy-smile and saying ‘fine’ is not going to get us out the door any faster. In fact, you just cost us thirty minutes of our getting where we are going time. So quit asking surprised when we’re late.

2.    Do you only work on one book at a time?  

No! LOL Right now, I’m working on edits for three different projects. I have my recent release and I’m working on a couple of different proposals for my traditionally published words. Then I have some plans for a couple more contemporaries. J

3.    Who is your favorite fictional couple?

Favorite is such a strong word. There are so many that I like…a lot. Rhett and Scarlet; Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy; Shrek and Fiona. It’s just so hard to choose, but if I must Roxanne Ritchie and MegaMind. Definitely!

4.    Favorite TV show?

I don’t watch a lot of television and what I do is kids programming. I love Drake and Josh and Kickin’ It. So funny!

5.    Do you set daily writing goals? Word count? Number of chapters? Do you get a chance to write every day?

I do set daily goals. That goal usually has to do with what sort of deadline I’m working with. But I do write every day. My ‘normal’ goal is 3000 words a day. Plus whatever else I can squeeze in.

6.    Who was the last person you hugged?

My son. No, my husband. Maybe it was my son. It was one of my ‘boys’ of that I’m certain.

7.    What are you working on now?

Edits, edits, edits, but the next thing on my wish list of projects is the second book in a new series I have starting this fall. But more on that after the release of the first book.

8.    Tell us about your latest release and where we can find it

My latest release is a take on Sweet Home Alabama set in Texas. It’s called Blame it On Texas and can be found in ebook format (only) at amazon and barnes & noble, etc, etc.

Here’s the blurb:
Shelby Patterson has come back to Texas for one reason and one reason only—to get her husband to sign divorce papers. She’s worked hard to build her California bakery, where clients clamor for her one-of-a-kind creations.
Seven years after her disastrous marriage, she’ll finally have everything in perfect order—just as soon as Ritter McCoy signs the dotted line.
Ritt is still pissed that Shelby walked out all those years ago without giving their marriage a chance. Sure, they were young and had just lost the baby that had rushed them to the altar, but they’d loved each other beyond reason.
Ritt gave up his college baseball scholarship, only to have Shelby and her mom take his parents’ bribe money and run. If Shelby wants those papers signed, she’ll just have to wait until he’s good and ready.
Or maybe, before she flies the coop again, he can convince her the love they had between them is still there—and still hot enough to melt their hearts back into one.
Warning: This book contains a sexy Texas boy determined to recapture his first love. May also produce feelings of nostalgia and longing for slow kisses and sweet tea.

 
Twitter: @AmieLouellen http://twitter.com/AmieLouellen

I am a published author, a proud wife and mother, and an expert corn bread maker. I love homemade tacos, shoes, and romance novels--not necessarily in that order. I'm a big fan of country music, and I'm shamefully obsessed with all things Harry Potter.
I grew up in the South, but moved away after school. I've retained a little of my Mississippi accent though most people think I'm from Texas. (?)
I dislike people trying to convince me to read the Twilight series (I'll get to it or I won't, either way I'm good with it), gratuitous violence, and strawberry ice cream. (I know I'm alone on this last one, and again, I'm good with it.)
Favorite movies--(besides HP) French Kiss, Maid of Honor, A Lot Like Love, Just Married, and Sweet Home Alabama. Enchanted, Tangled, & Mega Mind.
You can visit me on FaceBook Amie Louellen-author or follow me on Twitter. Or come check out all my fun boards on Pinterest!

 Comments??


No comments

Post a Comment