Welcome contemporary romance author, Melinda Dozier...



 Thrilled to welcome my online friend and fellow Blue Ridge Literary Agency author, Melinda Dozier - SO happy to have you here, lovely lady! Let's get started with the questions… :)

1)  What kind of music do you like?

I have been on an indie folk/singer/songwriter kick. I don’t even know how to categorize it. Think Joshua Radin, Matt Nathansan or Jason Mraz. All of them sing true love songs, too!

2)  Describe your dream home…

A quiet oasis away from noise. I’m all about comfort and relaxation, so  a dreamy farmhouse with a wide front porch and a stainless-steel kitchen. I would also love to have several book nooks around the place. Something like this would suffice: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/138204282285028762/

3)  Favorite literary hero & heroine?

I’m a huge Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett fan! Their story always tugs at my heart.

4)   What are you reading now?

I’ve been reading a lot of friends to lovers stories since that’s my favorite trope. I finished up Montana Homecoming by Soraya Lane. I also just finished Kristan Higgins Waiting on You. Right now I’m reading the Camelot series by Ruthie Knox.

5)  What did you do on your last birthday?

I don’t really like to do much on my birthday, but spend time with my immediate family. We celebrated with a lunch and time together.

6)  What comes first, plot or characters?

My characters always come first! They speak to me in my dreams and form in my head weeks before I can get the story down.


7)  Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?
Yes, especially when my busy life gets in the way. I normally look at pictures on Pinterest or listen to music to get me in the writing mood. Once I start writing, ideas usually come quicker.

8)  Do you ever want to be someone else? Who?

Can I go back to my twenty-five year old self? Back then I was in such a hurry to grow up, but now that I’m older and wiser, I’d like to go back and have a little fun.

9)  Tell us about your latest book?
One Lucky Night is a contemporary romance anthology including five short novellas all centered around one night at a Boston Pub. My novella, Drink or Dare, is about two paramedic students who find their interest in each other goes beyond academics – especially when my heroine, Rachel, has a few Drink or Dare games with the waiter, Killian.

Buy Links:




What’s next for you?
My series, Manahattan Moments, is trying to find a home. In the meantime, I’m at the beginning stages of a New Adult romance tentatively called French Connection. This story takes place in Paris and is slightly based on something that happened to me when I was sixteen living in Paris for the summer.

Thanks so much for having me, Rachel. I love hearing from readers. I can be found here:

Comments? Questions?

1 comment