Welcome multi-published, uber-talented HQN writer, Teri Wilson...



 I am so thrilled to have my dear friend and fabulous writer, Teri Wilson on my blog today - Teri and I have been online friends for over six years and finally got to meet in person last year when she came over from the States. We spent the most amazing weekend at the Jane Austen Festival in Bath (see our pics, dressed in Regency garb). She is a wonderfully warm, funny and talented lady…with an innate aversion to beetroot Veggie burgers… ;)

Let's get started with the questions!


1)  What kind of music do you like? Oh all kinds, really. I am loving Macklemore right now. How can I not? He raps about shopping and he used to be a ballet dancer. When I’m alone in my car, I love to listen and sing along to Adele.

2)  Describe your dream home…  You know this, Rachel. I want to live in a pretty white flat with fancy black trim in South Kensington, London, just a stone’s throw from Kensington Gardens, a frilly cupcake shop and an old, vintage bookstore.

3)  Favorite literary hero & heroine? This is a tough one. There are so many. But since we’re talking about Unleashing Mr. Darcy, I’ll say Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy. I love their witty repartee. And who doesn’t love the mysterious, brooding Mr. Darcy, with his intense affection and heart of gold?

4)  What are you reading now? Right now I am reading an advance review copy of House of Glass by Sophie Littlefield, which will be released in March from MIRA. Sophie is a friend of mine, so I was lucky enough to get an early copy. It’s a women’s fiction thriller, and it’s just wonderful.

5)  How many books have your written?  Which is your favourite? I have written eleven books. My favorite book is always the one I just finished writing. I don’t know if that’s because when a book is finished, I’m still emotionally wrapped up in it, or because really, a writer should always be improving and their most recent book should be their best. But right now my favorite is Unmasking Juliet, which will be released on May 27 in the US.

6)  What comes first, plot or characters? My characters always come first. I always start with the characters and the setting, because I’m very inspired by new places. Then I go from there.

7)  Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? I am afraid if I answer this in the negative that I will jinx myself. Ha. The only time I find that I have a difficult time writing is when I’m being forced to bounce between projects. It’s nice to get really into a manuscript and be able to stay in it. When I have to stop working on something for a bit to do edits on another book, or to write a new proposal, it is sometimes a slow process getting back into the manuscript. I have a bit of a hard time switching back and forth.

8)  Twitter or Facebook? Why? Both. Because writing is a lonely profession. (Cries into coffee cup.) Seriously, I love keeping up with other writers and friends on both. It makes the world seem so much smaller and more intimate than it really is.


9)  Tell us about your latest book? My new book is Unleashing Mr. Darcy. It is a fun, light modern retelling of Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice set in the dog show world.

10) What’s next for you? Unleashing Mr. Darcy is the first in a series of books I’m writing for Harlequin’s HQN imprint. The follow-up is Unmasking Juliet, inspired by Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet. It has a chocolate theme. I did a search, and I think the world chocolate appears in the book over 400 times. So it should be yummy.

Bio:

Teri Wilson grew up as an only child and could often be found with her head in a book, lost in a world of romance and exotic places. As an adult, her love of books has led her to her dream career - writing. Now an award-winning romance author, when Teri isn't traveling or writing, she enjoys baking, ballet, knitting and having fun with friends, family and her dogs. Teri lives in San Antonio, Texas, and loves to hear from readers!

Links:


Teri is waiting to chat! She loves all things British and all things Royal - let's hear those questions and comments!! I will be posting a review of Unleashing Mr. Darcy as soon as I have finished it - started this week ;)

No comments

Post a Comment