Welcome to my blog, Kris! So happy for you to be here and for me to have the opportunity to personally thank you for your kind welcome to the Superromance family back in February. As a "newbie", I didn't know what to expect when I started writing for Harlequin and you were one of the first to make me feel right at home. I so appreciate it! Anyway, let's get on with the questions, I'm looking forward to this...
1. What do you wish men understood about women? That their wives/girlfriends/mothers are always right. The sooner they accept this fact, the easier their lives will be J
2. Do you only work on one book at a time? Oh, I wish! Unfortunately, it takes me forever and a day to get to know the characters well enough to really understand them and their stories. (It's not their fault – I'm just very shy.) So while I'm working on one story, I need to be getting to know the folks in future stories. This works well until the folks in the official work-in-progress learn that I am also talking to other people. That's when things get ugly.
3. Who is your favorite fictional couple? It's a toss-up between me & Harrison Ford and me & Nathan Fillion. Both purely fictional, but Nathan is closer to my age and a fellow Canadian, so you know, more possibility of that one becoming truth.
4. Do you have a favorite quote that sums up how you feel about life? I have a lovely piece of word art beside my desk that says, Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort (Theodore Roosevelt). I think that's a good one. Of course, I'm also partial to Time for dessert!
5. Do you set daily writing goals? Word count? Number of chapters? Do you get a chance to write every day? I don’t write every day of the week, but there is almost always some form of writing-related activity – new words, revisions, social media, plotting. I have daily, weekly, monthly, and annual goals. I love making goals. I would love to say I always meet them, but …
6. What do you like better, Twitter or Facebook? Why? Depends what I'm doing. If I just need a momentary break from work, Twitter. If I want to waste serious time – oh, wait! You mean, which one do I prefer to use for real legitimate reasons? Well then. It depends on how much I need to say and whether or not there's video involved. Yeah, I'm deep that way.
7. What are you working on now? These questions. Oh, and a book! This one features Brynn Catalano, the sister of the hero of my first Superromance, A BETTER FATHER. Brynn thinks she can fix anything. She is so doomed.
8. Tell us about your latest release and where we can find it
From the back cover:
Who’s a good girl now?
Café owner Lydia Brewster wants to shake things up. And J.T. Delaney, infamous legend of Comeback Cove, just might be the man she needs. With his wild reputation, who better to help a girl shake off a “poor widow” image she’s too young to keep wearing?
Despite the rumors, J.T. doesn’t seem quite the troublemaker Lyddie’s heard about. He actually seems focused on business—the subject they don’t see eye to eye on. Really, all she wants is a fling. But after a few long, hot nights together, the most dangerous thing about J.T. is the unexpected way he makes her feel….
Where to find it?
Amazon US ebook: http://www.amazon.com/Now-You-Harlequin-Superromance-ebook/dp/B00D4MVH2Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1379879743&sr=8-3&keywords=kris+fletcher
Amazon US paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Now-You-See-Harlequin-Superromance/dp/0373718861/ref=tmm_mmp_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1379879743&sr=8-3
Amazon Canada ebook: http://www.amazon.ca/Now-You-Harlequin-Superromance-ebook/dp/B00D4MVH2Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379879911&sr=8-2&keywords=kris+fletcher
Amazon Canada paperback: http://www.amazon.ca/Now-You-See-Kris-Fletcher/dp/0373718861/ref=tmm_mmp_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1379879911&sr=8-2
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/now-you-see-me-kris-fletcher/1115250688?ean=9780373718863
Amazon UK ebook: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Now-You-See-Harlequin-Superromance-ebook/dp/B00EJNGMQK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383813694&sr=8-1&keywords=kris+fletcher
Amazon UK paperback: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Now-You-Harlequin-Super-Romance/dp/0373718861/ref=sr_1_1_bnp_1_mas?ie=UTF8&qid=1383813774&sr=8-1&keywords=kris+fletcher
Where to find me:
My website: http://krisfletcher.com/
Bio:Kris Fletcher has been to five of the seven continents, can speak about a dozen words in Russian, and can fold a fitted sheet without swearing (though not always on the first try). She holds a Master’s degree in Child and Family Studies which she puts to work every day in her dual careers of raising children and writing fiction. She is an adoption advocate, a semi-recovered volunteer, and the proud possessor of Harrison Ford’s autograph on an article she wrote about him.
Kris grew up in southern Ontario, went to school in Nova Scotia, married a man from Maine, and now lives in central New York. She shares her home (fondly known as Casa Chaos) with her husband, an ever-changing number of their kids, and the occasional grand-hamster. Her greatest hope is that dust bunnies never develop intelligence
Loved this interview, Kris! You do make me laugh :D - okay, over to you guys for your questions and comments…