Welcome Astraea Press author, Kristin Wallace...



Hi Kristin! I'm excited to be hosting you on my blog today - isn't this is the first time we've met? I love discovering new authors and getting to know more about them and their work. Hope I help to get some more interest in your latest release! Let's get started with the questions…

1)  What kind of music do you like?
Anything I can sing to. I’m pretty eclectic. Listen to the Top 40 station and the oldies station, too. Very freaked out that the oldies station now includes music “I” grew up with. I can handle some country. Don’t like hard rock or hip-hop/rap. And I’m truly sick of Miley Cyrus.

2)  Describe your dream home…
On the beach. I can walk out the door and touch sand. The idea of real live castle sounds good in theory, but probably would be cold and drafty.

3)  Favorite literary hero & heroine?
Lizzie Bennett & Mr. Darcy of course, mostly because of the epic A&E series with Colin Firth. I have it on video and I have been known the watch the “whole thing” in one day. Did you know they made a huge Paper Mache statue of Colin as Mr. Darcy in the same lake where he emerges in the story? It’s actually a little scary, lol

4)  What are you reading now?
I just bought Kristan Higgins’ latest book, The Perfect Match. I’m a huge fan of hers so it’s always good when she has a new book. Love the way she manages to make you laugh and cry on the same page.

5)  How many books have you written?  Which is your favourite?
I’ve written 3 books in the Covington Falls series and a women’s fiction that’s been making the rounds of editors. So I guess that’s 4 (I don’t count the VERY first book I finished as it is currently sealed in a vault where it will remain for all eternity.) I can’t pick a favorite. That would be like naming a favorite child. The others would be hurt.

6)  What comes first, plot or characters?
I’d describe it as a situation involving a character or type of character I guess.  For MARRY ME, the only thing I knew about the story at first was that it would involve a cynical businesswoman who doesn’t believe in love and hates weddings who winds up having to run a wedding planning business. It wasn’t until I figure out “who” she was and “who” the love interest was going to be that I figured out the rest of the plot. When I came up with a minister as the love interest, the entire book sort of came together in a flash.

7)  Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?
You mean that scary, blank computer screen with the flashing little bar mocking you because you can’t find a words to make it move? No…no I’ve never experienced that. Not at all.

8)  Twitter or Facebook? Why?
I have tried to love Twitter. Not sure I do yet. I like that you can engage people a little more on Facebook.

9) What’s next for you?
I sold the next two books in the Covington Falls series: ACTING UP and IMAGINE THAT. Both books feature new couples, but readers of MARRY ME will also get to see Julia and Seth again and follow their developing relationship. Acting Up should be out sometime in spring 2014.

Marry Me Blurb

Julia Richardson is no fan of weddings. A lifetime of watching her parents treat relationships like the flavor of the month has taught her that love is for fools and faith is for naïve. She’s always put her faith in her career. Then her life is thrown into a tailspin. First, she loses her job. Then she gets a panicked call and learns her former stepsister is having a crisis with her pregnancy. The crisis has Julia returning to the small Southern town – and the family – she’s been avoiding for years. Before she knows it, Julia’s been pressed into service running her stepsister’s wedding planning business.

Julia doesn’t know a garter from a garden hose, but now she must navigate couples along the bumpy path down the aisle - despite wardrobe malfunctions, killer bees, and plenty of near disasters. In the midst of it all, Julia makes the most unexpected discovery of all…Love, with Seth Graham, the widowed local minister! Julia’s been running from love and everything spiritual for most of her life. It’s not until she finds the courage to stop running and learns to believe in the power of love, faith and family that she finds her own “I Do” moment.

Excerpt:

(Lead up to Julia and Seth’s first kiss)

Seth gave a frustrated groan.
“What now?” Julia asked.
“You are a dangerous lady.”
“Me?”
“God, she doesn’t even see it!” he called out to the heavens.
“Are you praying?” she asked in bemusement.
“For strength. You tempt me, and it’s making me crazy.”
“Are you talking about the other night in the kitchen?”
“It goes way beyond last night,” he said, hands gripping the railing. “Did you know I had a wild crush on you when you used to live here?”
Julia’s mouth dropped open. “What?”
“I helped you build a fort.”
“You pounded nails so you could be near me?” she asked, batting her eyelashes at him. “What a way to court a girl.”
“It wasn’t like I could talk to you,” Seth said, shuffling his feet. “Not without sounding like an idiot.”
“I didn’t think you even liked me.”
A dry chuckle escaped from his chest. “Like and lust are two different things. You were every teenage boy’s fantasy. Everything about you fascinated me. The way you walked, the way you tossed your hair, even the way you smelled. It drove me nuts for two years.”
“I was your fantasy?”
“The problem is now you’re back, standing there looking like some kind of screen goddess, and you get me like no one ever has,” he said, as if she hadn’t spoken.
Her skin started tingling. “You think I’m beautiful?”
“You’re so much more than beautiful.”
Jumping him right now would be bad… Right? “This is a little complicated.”
“You think?” he asked, drifting closer. “You’re a guest in Grace’s house and living about a hundred feet away. Plus, I am a minister, and it wouldn’t look good if I grabbed you right now and kissed you senseless.”
“Not in the job description?”
“Definitely not.”

Buy Links:

Amazon:

Barnes & Noble:

Astraea Press:
  

Kristin Wallace Bio

Growing up Kristin devoured books like bags of Dove Dark Chocolate. Her first Golden Book led to Laura Ingalls Wilder, Nancy Drew, Encyclopedia Brown, C.S. Lewis and the Sweet Valley High series. Later, she discovered romance novels and fell in love all over again. It’s no surprise then that Kristin would one day try her hand at writing them. She writes inspirational romance and women’s fiction filled with love, laughter and a leap of faith. When she’s not writing her next novel, Kristin works as an advertising copywriter. Over the 15-year career in the ad industry, she has worked on clients that have included the Miami Marlins, Discovery Networks, Radisson Seven Seas Cruises, The Peabody Hotel and Sea World. She also enjoys singing in the church choir and worship team and playing flute in a community orchestra.

You can connect with Kristin online at:

 Comments??

1 comment