Sunday interview with…ME!!





1. Tell us 5 things most readers wouldn't know about you.

- I love to knit
- I have a phobia of bridges
- I regularly eat four jelly donuts from our local bakery in one sitting ;)
- I ‘speak’ for my dog in a stupid voice
- I was rescued by helicopter from a hotel roof during the 2010 French floods

2.What is your favorite genre to read? and what is your favorite genre to write?

My favorite genre to read and write is romantic suspense – although a close second is historical from either the Tudor or Victorian eras. I have attempted a Tudor novel twice so far and abandoned both of them. I just don’t feel confident as I’m writing that period. I’m just about to start my third Victorian romance for eKensington with Tom Hardy as my muse…shouldn’t be a problem to stay focused!

3. What is the most challenging aspect of writing romantic suspense?

The plotting! I LOVE writing romantic suspense but getting the suspense thread and relationship thread right is tricky. I start out with a sketchy plan but it always ends up completely different that I thought at the beginning. ‘Upping the stakes’ is the most important element and I constantly worry about it.

4. What is your favorite book?

For a classic – Gone With The Wind

For modern – Too many book by Nora Roberts to list and the Tudor and Plantagenet novels by Philippa Gregory 

5. If you could be a character in any of your novels, which one would you be?

I love Cat in Finding Justice – she’s a feisty, hardworking cop who has all sorts of personal problems going on. Yet she manages to balance them and keep her heart in the right place. I really enjoyed creating her and telling her story. She’s the protagonist of book one in my ongoing series with Harlequin, but also features in books two and three J
Finding Justice blurb & links:

Old friends, new secrets 

Sergeant Cat Forrester lives by her own set of rules. When her childhood friend is murdered, Cat's world is thrown into chaos. Especially because Jay Garrett-a man from her past-is a suspect, and he needs her help to prove he's innocent. After all they once shared, how can she say no? 

The attraction flares between them, and getting involved with a suspect is a huge risk. But the more time Cat spends with Jay, the stronger the tug on her heart. He is the same caring, irresistible man she remembers. Yet she can't let her emotions interfere with the case—solving it is top priority. But as she digs deeper, she discovers Jay has secrets that may jeopardize any possible future together.


B&N


1 comment

  1. Enjoyed reading more about you, Rachel - is that a bridge you're standing on?!

    ReplyDelete