I am happy to welcome fellow agency author, Maria Grazia Swan to my blog today! I really hope you enjoy your time here, Maria - I'm looking forward to getting to know more about you and your work. Let's get started...
1) Did you set any goals for 2013? Not really, I’m more the go with flow kind of gal, that way I don’t get disappointed.
2) What is the best part of the writing process for you? I get so deep into the story I totally forget reality. I do my best writing (in my head) while driving or doing yoga. The good part is I make good use of my time, the bad part is I totally, and I mean, totally, forget my surroundings and that can bring consequences like going through red lights or snapping out of your creative trance and finding yourself at the wrong end of the freeway. Oh, best part? I forget all my troubles.
3) The worst part? See above?
4) Tell me where you write? At my desk. The last time I moved I had a serious crisis, until I was able to recreate a quiet spot where to write. By the way, I live alone, and yet…I crave complete solitude.
5) Tell us about your latest release? By the time this is posted, my non-fiction should be out. Dear romance reader, fear not, the title of the non fiction is Mating Dance and it is dedicated to the art of meeting, greeting and dating singles who weren’t born yesterday. Lots of salacious stories about love, lust, sex. Not necessarily in that order
6) Tease us with a blurb/short except
Mating Dance is not a step-by-step manual on how to disco or merengue. It’s a chronicle filled with tales of love in unexpected places, stories of women with secret pasts, and yarns about men who don't know what’s good for them or even what they want. Add to that a bit of tantalizing celebrity trivia and Cosmo-esque quizzes, and you will agree Mating Dance is the perfect read for lying by the pool, while peering over the top of the page, scoping out your next partner—the perfect inspiration to kick-start your own Mating Dance.
7) Tell us about a new author you’ve recently discovered I’m not sure how new she is, let’s say she is new to me; Kristin Hannah.
8) Name two romances you’ve read more than once I have to confess I’m not sure what’s strictly romance. I consider romance any story driven by the romantic relationship between the main characters. The Horse Whisperer comes to mind. And anything by Anita Shreve.
9) Tell us about your first car What a funny question! My first car was a FIAT 500 that was like a century ago. Yes, I used to feel old confessing to it, but suddenly America discovered that little old Italian car and now I see the glamorized ads and I feel relevant again. VIVA L’America.
10) Where can we find you? Like any other writer trying to get noticed I’m in many places, Facebook, Twitter, my website. My website is probably the best place, it will tell you a lot more than I can say about myself because…drum roll…I have a fabulous webmaven who keeps me motivated and invested. www.mariagraziaswan.com
Maria would love to hear from you! Comments? Questions?