Where I live...


I love so much about where I live, it’s hard to know where to start! I reluctantly left Bristol to move to Chippenham when I was six months pregnant with my second child as well as struggling with my very active two-year old. My husband hand landed an amazing career advancement and we would’ve been crazy to turn it down. So we left Bristol on the understanding if I was still unhappy in twelve months time, we’d move back…that was almost twelve years ago.

The town of Chippenham is fairly small but I like it that way after living in a city for so many years. More than anything, what I love about living here is its location to the surrounding towns. We have the wonderful, historical Bath in one direction and the gorgeous countryside and incomparable Cotswolds in the other.

Bath is an historical author’s dream and it is just thirty minutes drive from where I live – and yes, I take full advantage! My first historical “The Arrival of Lily Curtis” was set there, as are the two books I have contracted with eKensington. I love that I can jump in the car and stroll around a city where the buildings and architecture is so unchanged, you can still see how things were and looked in the 1800s.

As for the Cotswolds, I would love to live in Bourton-on-the-Water, one of my most favourite places to visit in the world (so far!). I love to go there each season and watch it change. It is as beautiful in the mid-summer sunshine as it is in the February snowfall. The tiny shops, the stream running through its centre and fabulous old pubs provide the perfect Sunday afternoon out. Gorgeous!

As well as Bourton-on-the-Water, a visit to the Cotswolds means a visit to a whole bunch of other stunning villages and hamlets just a few minutes drive away. If you want to stay over, a visit to the famous water park, hotels and campsites near the beautiful shopping town of Cirencester are well worth it too.

I have plenty of inspiration to keep me busy for the next few novels at least, right on my doorstep – then again, maybe there’s even more inspiration in the States, Canada, the Maldives… ;)

My latest release with eKensington is The Seduction of Emily. Here's the blurb and buy links. Enjoy!

Blurb:

Seduction is a wicked game, and no one plays it better than the devilish Will Samson in Rachel Brimble's captivating new novel. . .

Since girlhood, Emily Darson has accepted that she will marry Nicholas, the son of her father's trusted business partner. The marriage contract safeguards her family legacy, Emily's fortune, and everything she values--except her independence. Only when a sinfully handsome scoundrel enters her life does Emily realize quite how much a loveless match will cost her.

Will Samson has advanced from expert pickpocket to confidence trickster of the highest caliber. Now he has come to Bath to exact vengeance on the man who destroyed his mother--the man Emily will soon marry. But from his first glimpse of the enemy's bewitching, spirited fiancée, Will's plan changes.

Amid the ballrooms and salons of elegant society, heated glances explode into scandalous kisses. Revenge is sweet, but surrender will be irresistible. . .






1 comment

  1. Rachel,

    Sounds like a great story and the cover is beautiful.

    Val

    ReplyDelete