- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers (the number seems to vary) and link back to them.
Saturday, 9 March 2013
The Very Inspiring Blog Award...
That’s it – piece of cake!
Okay, here goes. Seven things you may or may not know about me:
1. I was born in Bristol, England - a city known for its Maritime history and its part in the UK slave trade during the 1800s. It's a buzzing city, full of history and interest that attracts visitors from all over the UK and abroad. Always happy there, when Mr B got a great job which involved moving to the small market town where we live now, I didn't want to go AT ALL. That was 12 years ago and now I can't imagine living in a city again - I've discovered I'm a country girl through and through!
2. It probably goes without saying, but I LOVE books! I am known around these parts as 'the one who reads while walking her dog.' I kid you not. I read while walking my beloved black lab. I've yet to walk into a lamp post or step in something unsavoury. I'm sure it's only a matter of time though! I usually have three books on the go at any one time.
3. I have not had a professional haircut since my wedding day in 1998. Ever since then, Mr B has trimmed my hair and in the last year or so, my eldest daughter has taken over hair-cutting duty. My hair is SO curly, no one would notice a mistake. The downside is I've had the same hairstyle for nearly twenty years––the upside, I still receive compliments! Don't understand that at all, LOL!
4. Most of my readers will know this by now, but it's one of my interesting facts so forgive me for mentioning it again! My family and I were caught up in the 2010 French floods and rescued by helicopter from a hotel roof. Never a day goes by that I'm not thankful for our lives being spared during those terrifying 14 hours. 25 people weren't so lucky...
5. The place I am the most relaxed is in a log cabin in Wales where we've holidayed every year for the past five years. I LOVE it! There's nothing there but trees, land and a beach. We go as a family with the dog and just walk...for miles and miles. As there is no distractions, we spend quality time together laughing, eating, playing cards and board games. I usually manage to get through four books during a week long stay. Hoping my eldest, who just turned 14, wants to go again this year...it was a push in 2012!
6. I’m absolutely terrified of public speaking. There's a good chance I'm going to have to overcome this fear sooner rather than later if I want to promote myself and my books, but I am PETRIFIED!! Every time I think about doing anything like that, I feel sick with nerves, shake and want to cry. Lord knows, how I'm supposed to get over it, but it is one of my New Year's resolutions so I need to have a serious word with myself...
7. As I write for the US, it is on my absolute wish-list to visit the States in the next year or two. First stop would be Washington and then traveling to meet my agent and a few fellow agency authors in Virginia with a stop into Boonsboro, MD so I can visit Nora Roberts' bookstore and bed and breakfast. Such a stalker fan, LOL!!
My turn to nominate:
Posted by Rachel Brimble at 01:45