Welcome WIld Rose Press author, Linda Engman...


Welcome, Linda! So great to have a fellow Wild Rose Press author here :)

Before we get started, I have to say I think you've have some of the best WRP covers I've seen - I love them all. I've added your website address to the interview so visitors can check them out too. Fabulous! Okay, on with the questions...

1)   What is your writing routine? I get to my upstairs office and desk in our home right after everyone leaves for work and school.  I write most of the day, with some days fitting it in between shopping, cleaning, and errands. 

2)   Which author/s inspire you to write? Definitely Sandra Brown.  Amazing romance author before she switched to mystery/crime fiction.  She has just a natural voice and tone to her writing.  I’d love to meet her some day. 

3)   Which is your favorite romance subgenre to read? I love stories with rugged heroes.  Military stories and still love those cowboys.  To write? I’m really predictable since I love to write what I read with my stories focused on sexy tough heroes and career women set in everyday romantic situations sometimes in a small town and other times with a big city as the backdrop.  

4)   How do you deal with criticism/rejection?  I’ve been blessed with great reviews so far. My critiques all come from Editors.  You have to use it as a positive to improve your story and keep that front and center when you receive it.  As for rejection, sometimes a book just doesn’t grab an editor and you have to move on or revise.  Simple as that.  Can’t take it personal in anyway. 

5)   What do you expect from an editor? I love an editor who loves my story first of all.  And one who know how to develop the story or characters and gives me good advice without wanting to change my style or story.  

6)   Tell me about your latest release.  My Sexiest Wedding came to be written from a suggestion from my teenage daughter who thought a wedding planner would be fun for me to write about.  I agreed and decided hero Rafael Quintero, who had been previously in Manhattan Holiday as a sexy but heartbroken friend to the hero in that story, should get his own.  He fit perfectly with the heroine.  I had a blast writing this romance.

7)   Tease us with a blurb or short excerpt.
My Sexiest Wedding:
          As a wedding planner, getting couples down the aisle is all part of the work week for Spring James.  But when it comes to her own love life—marriage is the last thing on her mind.  Until her one-night stand arrives in her hometown unannounced.  Tall, dark and handsome is only a start.  Nothing but lean, taut muscle, he’s ruggedly charismatic and good with kids, besides.  Prompting her to reconsider her no marriage rule.
          For the past month, Spanish cowboy Rafael Quintero, has been haunted by what happened between them in Miami while there on business.  He’s spent the time since on his ranch in Argentina, with a crushed ego, and his male pride keeping him from going after her.  Now a twist of fate has brought them back together and all bets are off.
          Set in the small town of Bernie, Ohio, Rafael and Spring’s romantic-steamy love story will capture your heart as they discover the secret to falling in love.


8)   Which is your favorite character in the book?  Why? It has to be Rafael the hero.  You can’t help but fall in love him.  Sexy Spanish cowboy who won’t take no for an answer.  He’s sweet in rough-tough way and is a romantic at heart.  

9) What are you working on right now? I’m busy having fun writing a YA romance for teen girls.  Can’t say much more.  But my daughter is loving the plot.

10) Your biggest piece of advice to aspiring novelists? Keep writing and developing your own style.  Write what you love because you’ll be spending a lot of time with that story and you have to believe in it.

11) Where can readers find you?  Readers can find me at all the sites on-line and my website has links is updated monthly with news.  Thanks so much Rachel for having me here today.   
Linda  

Links:


Thanks for a great interview, Linda - our days are very similar. Write, write, write around kids and chores! Okay, over to you guys. Comments??

3 comments

  1. Hi Rachel and Linda.
    Great interview! I love being allowed glimpses into the routines of authors that I enjoy reading.
    Looking forward to your latest work Linda! Please keep the great reads coming.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to be here today Rachel. Anita, thanks so much for the wonderful comments! Happy reading to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    Your book sounds great. I'm a fan of Sandra Brown as well. Loved her book, LETHAL. If you haven't read it, you should.

    Best wishes on your new release.

    ReplyDelete