Welcome, Ann! Glad to be a part of your ongoing blog tour - wishing you lots of success and sales - let's get started with the interview...
1) Did you set any goals for 2012? I wanted to have at least one book contract before I went to the RWA conference in August 2012. It must be my year because I had five signed. Very very excited too.
2) What is the best part of the writing process for you? I think when I can see that initial little spark of the story finally coming together. Making something book worthy out of a single sentence or paragraph is pretty cool.
3) The worst part? I had to pitch a new YA series not long ago and when I asked for the time from the publisher I had no idea what I was going to write, I just knew I wanted to do something for that person. I had travelled overseas for this opportunity and my brain wasn't going along with the plan. It wasn't until the night before the meeting that I finally got a germ of inspiration. Luckily she liked it. I don't normally suffer like that. My brain normally runs a million miles an hour with ideas so to get stuck like that was a shock.
4) What is the book you wish you’d written? 50 Shades of Grey, who doesn't?
5) Favourite author/s & book/s? So many. Cassandra Clare, Harlan Coben, Karin Slaughter, Nora Roberts, Deborah Harkness
6) Tell us about your latest release? Magnus is a rich city business man with attitude that wants to settle on his grandparents farm. Kate is the poor neighbour next door that needs a cash injection to keep her farm from being taken from the bank. Sparks and passion ignite!
7) Tease us with a blurb/short except
"You only offered my father money for the farm because you wanted the water."
"How do you know what I want, Miss Holden?" He sat up in his chair and reached to grasp the single page that spewed from the fax machine.
"That's what I was told." Kate could feel her stomach rolling and willed herself to settle down, clasping her hands in her lap.
"What if I asked for more than water rights, Miss Holden?" Magnus asked as his gaze scanned what appeared to be a sheet of figures and then found hers. "What if I said I wanted to buy the rights to your body as well?"
Kate shrank back into her chair as his words registered. She must have heard him wrong, surely. "What did you just say?"
8) What is your favourite attribute of the hero and heroine? They are both passionate about their land and the people that work for them.
9) What’s next? I'm putting the finishing touches on a very sexy paranormal romance. Hopefully Red Hot will have a home shortly.
10) Tell me where you write? Because I work from home looking after kiddies, my kitchen bench during the week. I disappear into my office on the weekends unless we are camping. I tend to write better away from home, less distractions.
11) Where would you like your career to be in 5 years? I want to be writing full time by the end of next year. Hopefully in 5 years it will be paying me a livable wage.
12) Where can we find you? http://www.annbharrison.com/
Title: Taming the Outback
Author: Ann B. Harrison
Publisher: Breathless Press
Length: 159 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
All Romance eBooks - https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-tamingtheoutback-918295-148.html
Smashwords - https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/219617
Is Libby prepared to give up her new home for a chance to roll Nathan in the hay when her libido wakes up after five long years?
Nathan Miller rattles Libby's nerves more than she cares to admit. He is the one person that stands between her and the family home that has been left to her.
So why then is he the guy that stirs her up to such an extent that her body pulses with the need to have him? They do nothing but clash and snap at one another and he makes no bones about the fact that she shouldn't be on the station, but back in the city where he thinks she belongs.
Libby fights to learn about her new home while struggling to find a way into Nathans heart. She almost loses it all when a flood hits their tiny town and rips through her farm putting her daughter's life in danger.
Will she be able to convince him that she is not the irresponsible city chick he has dubbed her or will he see her as she truly is, a woman in love with him.
"This is my dance, I think." Nathan shot a cool glance at his rival. The cowboy nodded his head in defeat and walked away. Nathan put his arm around her back and twined his fingers through her right hand, gripping her tightly. He dipped his hand lower to rest on the curve of her back, and he pulled her close. The music and the crowd ceased to exist as he danced with her. Libby couldn't tear her eyes from his as they moved as one, shutting out the rest of the world. When another cowboy tried to cut in, Nathan frowned enough to have him backing away.
The possessive action made Libby's stomach tighten. It was a machismo thing to do, and she loved it. He was jealous, and the thought made her groin clench tight as heat raced through her. When the band stopped for a break, Nathan led her to the door and guided her outside. Couples were spread out around the entrance talking and laughing as he led her over toward the cattle yards. The night was lit up with a full moon and a smattering of stars.
A chill rippled over her skin as he pushed her gently back against the wooden structure. His lips lightly skimmed over her chin before his tongue traced her bottom lip. She swallowed a gasp as he traced a line down one side of her neck with his lips before traveling back up to her mouth. His tongue sought refuge in her mouth, tasting and tempting her like a starving man grasping for food. The thrill went straight to her stomach, and her thighs clenched together to stall the explosion building up inside her.
She lifted her arms around his neck, and he pushed against her, his erection evidentially straining as he cupped her face in his hands.
"Sweetheart, what are you doing to me?" he whispered, his kisses raining over her face.
"I can stop at any time," she panted, her eyes half-closed.
"Bullshit." He grunted, kissing the side of her mouth. He trailed his lips down her throat to kiss the tops of her breasts, making her nipples rub against the soft fabric. He danced his tongue along the neckline as she squirmed against him, willing his mouth to go further. She groaned as he blew gently in the cleavage of her breasts, and her breath caught in her throat.
His hands stilled as a group of giggling teenagers came their way. He pulled away, leaving her suddenly cold without his body against hers. Libby pulled herself from the fence and stood on shaking legs, wishing they were somewhere more private where she could do what she had set out to do. Brushing her hands over her full skirt and checking her breasts were well-contained in her bodice, she spoke to him. "I think it's best if we go in now, don't you?"
He grabbed her by the arm and stopped her. "Give me just a minute."
Libby looked at his erection, still prominent against his jeans. She smiled to herself. The night hadn't yet ended. She would just find another place to seduce Nathan. She waited quietly as he adjusted himself and took a few deep breaths.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Ann swears she was born with a book in her hand and has never put it down. A lifelong love of reading has finally culminated in achieving her dream of writing…and publication.
She lives in the middle of the desert in Australia in a small mining town with her own handsome hero of many years. Ann has always loved the ups and downs of life in small communities and she shares this with readers in her rural romances.
Strong, spunky heroines with a good dose of sass thrown in feature in her stories. Of course these women need an equally strong hero. Bring on the Outback hero and watch the passion ignite.
When not writing, Ann runs a day care centre and looks after young children for working Mums and Dads. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, walking her very large dog, Hugo, and fighting with her computer.
Visit Ann at http://annbharrison.com
Link to Schedule: