Welcome romance writer, Jamie Salisbury!!



Hi, Jamie! Nice to meet you - first of all, what a fantastic author pic! You look beautiful. Gorgeous dress too :) I am so happy to be a part of your ongoing tour and look forward to learning more about you and your work. Let's get started...

Who is your favourite author and why?

There are so many wonderful authors out there today, that I could not narrow it down to one. 

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I’ve always written, had manuscripts laying in drawers, etc. So I guess to answer your question, it would be since I was a teenager. I had a wonderful teacher in high school who taught creative writing who encouraged me to pursue writing.

Describe your writing space?

My writing space is well lit, fairly messy at the moment. I had been writing all over the house and finally had enough and stripped one of the bedrooms, which wasn’t being used and turned it into an office. Now I can keep everything I need the way I want it and know where to find it. It’s nothing fancy, just a desk with a good lamp and a chair. I have most of my cover art up on the walls, framed along with my Olympic Posters from the ’96 Atlanta Olympics.


What are you reading now?

I just finished up Jennifer Ashley’s latest historical novel, “The Duke’s Perfect Wife.”

How many books have your written?  Which is your favourite?

I have four books which are published at this time. I would have to  say that “Tudor Rose” is my favorite of the four.

What comes first, plot or characters?

It depends, it can go either way! Sometimes a plot and story line will come along and I will write it down. Other times, it will be a character and I will focus on that character and build the plot around a character.

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

Oh yes! When that happens I simply put whatever I’m working on aside and work on something else until I overcome it. I always have at least three projects going on at once partially for that exact reason.

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

I love photography and try to get out and take photos of whatever strikes me. It’s a good way to kick start my writing. I also love to travel. A great way I’ve learned to de-stress is to knit.


Tell us about your latest book?

My latest book is entitled “Timeless Sojourn”. It is about what happens to a woman of a certain age when she is faced with an ugly divorce and how and what she must do to start her life over. In this case, the female character relocates to the opposite side of the country. Starting a new relationship is the furthest thing on her mind – but – it happens – eventually. She meets someone and it takes a while for them to hook up, but once she puts that wall down she finds herself in a relationship that she thought only existed in the books she reads. The male lead is quite confident, successful and a bit cocky. But when he lets his wall down for her that cockiness falls away. Then there is a twist to the plot! LOL!

What’s next for you?

Goodness, well I have started the sequel to Tudor Rose, and I also have a historical piece I’m working on. On top of that I have a sequel to my “Anne and Albert” series and a piece I’m researching. So there’s always something in the pipeline for me.




Timeless Sojourn
by Jamie Salisbury

BLURB:

Recently divorced at a time when most women are enjoying their children being grown, Anne Harrison finds her life in chaos. At the urging of her forever-friend Kat, Anne moves back to Seattle, her childhood home, to get back her former confidence and make a fresh start. 

Confident, creative, and a successful businessman, Geoffrey Quinn has depths not immediately apparent to those who come into contact with that cocky, devilishly handsome exterior.  

The last thing either is looking for is a relationship. Anne finds Geoff highly irritating (and young!) at best, while Geoffrey finds her magnetic and wise. To his amusement, she futilely attempts to dismiss him each time they cross paths, and sparks fly.

Watch as this seemingly unsuitable, disparate duo lights a fiery, compelling attraction neither sees coming. But who will get burned?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXCERPT

Geoff was right--once we returned to Seattle it was almost a week before I heard from him. When he did call it was merely to check in and see what I was up to. His new project he said would consume him for the next couple of weeks until he was ready to begin his mockup. I took that as a hint to drop by his studio/gallery. Geoff’s studio/gallery was in the same building as Tom’s PR firm so Friday afternoon I decided to pay Geoff a visit.

I walked inside his gallery and found him walking through the space. He looked like a deer in the headlights. He looked up, saw me and walked toward me shaking his head.

“I hope you don’t mind,” I started, seeing he was shaking his head and had somewhat of a scowl on his face. “I wasn’t busy and thought I’d pop in and check on you.”

“No, please Anne, feel free to stop in anytime,” he replied was he walked up to me and placed his hands on my shoulders as he kissed me. “I just realized that my gallery party is scheduled for tomorrow evening and I haven’t done a thing to prepare for it. I’ve been so busy with this new piece I completely lost track of time.”

“Come on, let’s go sit down. You can tell me what you needs done and I’ll help you.”

“I can’t possibly ask you to do that.”

“You can and you will. Now let’s make a list of what needs to be done.”

He led me by the hand towards a desk in a corner of his gallery. I sat in the chair placed next to the desk as he sat behind it looking for paper and a pen. We went over a list of guests who would definitely be coming and then on to what he wanted to serve. I got my phone out and began to call Kat.

“Whom are you calling?” He asked not looking up from his list.

“Kat. She can at least help us estimate how much wine you’ll need.”

I was actually surprised that he had not been more organized for this event. This wasn’t like him. I smiled to myself as I realized I might be a slight distraction to his usually orderly life.

Kat was surprised too, but didn’t flinch when I started asking her questions. Then she came up with an idea and had me give Geoff the phone. All I heard was his grunting to her questions or short answers.

“Seems I’m coming over to Kat’s for dinner this evening so we can all discuss my lack of preparation for this event.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll get you through this.” I replied taking his hand.

“I have no doubt you will. Come,” He said getting up and leading me toward the back, “I want to show you how I do what I do.”

We walked to the back. I saw a ton of drawings taped to the walls and on a large flat surface. There was also a large hunk of clay covered by plastic. It amazed my senses at the detail involved in a project such as this.




AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Jamie Salisbury cannot imagine a time when she did not write. A skill that has served her well throughout her professional career. Public relations in and around the entertainment industry, photography, editing, and special event planning all elevated her passion for writing.

An avid reader of histories, biographies, and romance, it's only natural that part of the products of her pen are historical romances featuring characters so authentic they spring forth from the page and shake the reader's hand. Many of her teen years were spent in Chile, but she and her family were forced out of the country when the political climate demanded it.

Taking the plunge to take her writing professional came as a result of a series of foot surgeries that left her with a lot of time on her hands. Unable to walk great distances at the time, she started writing as a way to pass the time. Her experiences of how dramatically her life had changed at first. Then the new world of e-publishing inspired her to digitally publish her first novel, Perpetual Love, rather than relegate it to the dreaded drawer. She couldn't be happier with her decision to grab the publishing industry by the shoulders and force it to pay attention to all she has to offer.

Two more novels have followed: Blood Lust and Tudor Rose, with more to follow soon.
Jamie now lives outside of Atlanta, but the love for travel has never abandoned her. Adventure, exploration, and intrigue permeate her prose to the core.

In those few moments of the day when she's not writing or thinking about writing, she finds knitting a way to relax and unwind. Other interests include photography, equestrianism, reading, and of course traveling.

Jamie hopes her writing will entertain, enlighten, and inspire others to pick up the pen and pursue their own dreams. She loves to be contacted by readers, writers, and history buffs. 

Twitter:  @JamieRSalisbury

Jamie will be giving away a $25 Amazon GC to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour.

Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here:  http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2012/05/virtual-book-tour-timeless-sojourn-by.html

7 comments

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed the excerpt thank you.

    I'm curious about the Olympic posters.


    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Marybelle,
      So glad you enjoyed the excerpt - you'll love the book too!
      As to the Olympic posters - I live in the Atlanta area and when the summer Olympics took place here in 1996 I was fortunate enough to go to a couple of the events. I purchased posters and had them framed along with the even tickets. They're pretty cool - not something you'd see every day!

      Delete
  2. Here I am! xD
    I love finding out new things about autors and I definitely have! You put your covers on your wall like me :P It's always good to have Jimmy Thomas staring down at you with those luring eyes of his while you work... A distraction? Maybe. Do you care? Hell no!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Natalie! Yes, I put my covers up on the wall - each book I put out is like an accomplishment - and no it doesn't hurt having Jimmy Thomas staring down (lol). Never a distraction though! LOL!
      I hope you enjoy Timeless Sojourn!!

      Delete
  3. Good Morning and special thanks to Rachel for having me on her site. I'm really enjoying this tour. In just a matter of two days now I've met some incredible people.
    I'll stop by through out the day to answer questions, comments, etc.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a questions for everyone. . .
    What is your description of your perfect hero or heroine?

    ReplyDelete