Welcome Solstice Publishing author, Erika Lindsen!



  Hi Erika, welcome to my site! Happy to have you here - very envious of your age and book cover! Can't wait to find out more about you and your work :)


1)  Who is your favourite author and why?

 I am such an Iris Johansen fanatic. She intertwines nail biting suspense and romance so well I can never put her books down.

2)  When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I still don’t. I know I write, but to think of myself as an author is surreal. To me a certain prestige comes with the title of author.

3)  Describe your writing space?

I don’t really have one. I mostly lay on the couch, get as comfortable as possible and start to write. I’ve tried the whole desk thing but it just doesn’t work for me.


4)  What are you reading now?

Bonnie by Iris Johansen. After that I’m hoping the sequel in the Succubus diaries, Succubi are forever will be out.

5)  How many books have your written?  Which is your favourite?

I have written five novellas and novels. But I also write children’s books and I have no idea how many of those I have written. Of my adult work, Soul is awesome. I am a huge fan of dark things and the opening scene was so much fun to write. Also the evolution of Drebin for antagonist to protagonist was exciting.

6)  What comes first, plot or characters?

It depends on the story. Mostly the plot. I get ideas like “Wouldn’t it be cool if…” but in Soul’s case the idea of a demon came first.

7)  Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

Thankfully I haven’t yet. I may get stuck on a scene but after relaxing it works itself out. I’m lucky in that respect.

 8)  What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

 Read. I also like to spend time with my husband. We watch older TV shows he downloads (don’t tell anyone).



9)  Tell us about your latest book?

Blood runs across the floor like a winter’s creek.

It always puts a smile on his face. 

As a Taker – a demon sent to entice humans to commit suicide in order to gain their soul for Lucifer – Drebin is at the top of his game. He has already claimed 421 souls and there is no sign of him slowing down. 

Much like a fine wine, Drebin gets better with age. Alexia Downer is just a few months into her freshman year of college and still undecided about a career. 

Ally is more than eager to meet new people and live up to the college stereotypes. But her gentle nature may cause her to put trust in the wrong person. 

The stage is set, the hound is released, but Drebin begins to have second thoughts about his next victim, Alexia, his 422nd victim. Her beauty is mesmerizing and her spirit is captivating. As much as he tries, Drebin cannot bring himself to destroy her, yet he must. He has a higher, more vicious power to answer to, after all…

10)         What’s next for you?
  
I have recently gotten the contract for the sequel Soul Destroyed. The third in the Takers series is on submission. Aside from that, I am about a third of the way through an urban fantasy. But I’m keeping mum on the details.

-Erika Lindsen
Author of paranormal romance SOUL from Solstice Publishing

 Thanks for being here, Erika - wishing you lots of sales! Comments?

No comments

Post a Comment