Welcome Rogue Phoenix Press author, Angela Castle!




Nice to meet you, Angela! I don't think we've spoken before but if we have and I've forgotten, please forgive me. Thanks for letting me be a part of your tour - hope it's going well?? I wish you all the best for the future. Let's get started with the interview...Hope you enjoy your time with us!


1)  Who is your favourite author and why?
At the moment Gena Showalter, I love her Lords of the Underworld series and the passion in which writes. I find many authors inspiring, including, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kresley Cole, and other too numerous to name.

2)  When did you first consider yourself a writer?
Two years ago, after reading a book I loved, (A Gena Showalter book) I thought, I can do that, the idea to become a published author became firmly lodged in my brain, no more playing at writing stories, it was time to take things more seriously. I was thrilled when my first book was accepted by Rogue Phoenix Press. They saw a potential in my books and helped me develop the story. It was a steep learning curve, but one I will always appreciate.

3)  Describe your writing space?
I tired to have a writing space, a desk, large computer, with pictures of my characters and books pinned to a cork board, staring back at me. But, I always seem to end up sitting at the kitchen table to write, or any other place I can take my little mini laptop.

4)  What are you reading now?
Vengeance Born by Kylie Griffin

5)  How many books have your written?  Which is your favourite?
Eighteen books, the one I had most fun writing was Moonlight Captivation. The characters are fun quirky, it’s a jam-packed action ride. It was also my first attempt at injecting humor into a novel. And the Hero Neman, is actually based on a real drop-dead-sexy guy I once met, he helped inspire the story.

6)  What comes first, plot or characters?
Without my characters I have no plot, I have to know them inside and out. I have to know their habits, if they pick their nose, what goes in my heroin’s hand bag, if they have any dark secrets. You really have to get inside their heads and feel their emotions. I know the better you know your characters, the better and easier it is to write the story.
    
7)  Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?
I do come across roadblocks every now and then. I have a bad habit of writing my characters into corners, then struggle to get them out. When I wrote Dragon Down Under for example, I got them stuck in an impossible situation, all hope seemed lost, it took me months, and lots of pacing to figure out how to save them, and the world, I had created.

8)  What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
If I’m not reading, or day-dreaming, I’m spending time with my family, taking them to tennis lessons, or running around trying to catch up on house work.



9)  Tell us about your latest book?
I loved writing Tiger Mine. It was one of those stories which gripped my heart and mind. I had just done a course on injecting more emotion into my writing. So, I felt more for Mohan’s situation, his desperation and how meeting Julia was something he needed, physically, mentally. Julia, trying to pull her life together after her divorce, found Mahon the soothing balm to her emotional wounds.

I fell utterly in love with my characters, and because I put so much into it. I had trouble letting go of them both when the story came to an end. I only hope my readers will feel the emotion I put into the story as much as I did.


10) What’s next for you?
I tend to have several writing projects going on at the same time. I set monthly goals so, I don’t become too overwhelmed.

Right now, I am working on an epic fantasy novel, in between writing my shorter erotic novellas.




Tiger Mine
by Angela Castle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~



BLURB:

Licking her wounds after ending a six-year marriage to a serial cheating husband, Julia has run away to her grandfather's house high in the Australian Mountains, hoping to fix the old neglected building up while she contemplates her future. Only to discover a huge white Siberian tiger on her door step.

Tiger shifter Mohan has escaped, jumped ship and is in hiding from the hunter who has ripped him from his world and murdered those he loved. When a curvy Aussie woman turns up at the old house he’s managed to shelter in these past weeks. He offers his services as a builder by day, returning to her by night as a tiger. Despite the strong attraction he has trouble fighting, what he discovers in Julia is a new kind of warmth and kindness he is in desperate need of.

Julia knows her gorgeous Russian handyman is harbouring dark secrets, but can her heart stand falling in love and losing again? Can they help each other mend the deeper issues which plague their lives? And bring hope of a new future. Or will Mohan’s past hunt him down and tear the new fragile bond between them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXCERPT

Desperation was becoming a prevalent emotion in Mohan's life. With each passing moment, he slipped deeper into the unwanted state.

His food supply was limited, and he grew weaker with each passing week. Soon, he would be forced into the situation of journeying back into the human populace. It was dangerous for a creature in his situation.

As long as he remained in animal form, he had a chance of surviving. Yet, with each necessary shift to his human side, he grew weaker. His body ached with a gnawing hunger. Even in the warm climate of this new land, he was cold.

Mohan had been fortunate to find shelter; an old, abandoned farmhouse. It had several rooms and would have once been a comfortable home. Someone had left it to the ravages of time and was in need of much repair.

He would restore it if he had the resources. For now, it was a roof over his head and kept out the chill of the cold mountain nights. Still, even with a full blaze in the solid stone fireplace, it only partially kept the chill from his bones.

He had nothing with which to trade, nothing to barter, and he had limited English. All he would need to do was open his mouth to speak, and they would know he was not of this land. The clothes on his back he had taken from a pile discarded next to a large bin on a seaside street, near where he had come ashore. By day he had walked over many fertile, abundant fields through strange forests. As darkness fell, he had shifted and used the strength of his animal form. He hunted rabbits to help him continue on. As he moved further away from people and higher into the mountains, the safer he began to feel.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


AUTHOR Bio and Links:

I am a full time mother and part time writer. I live in a small country town in Victoria Australia. I have been writing ever since I learned to read, and almost endlessly drifting off into the fantasy world of my imagination.

Thankfully, I have a great group of supporting writer friends; a husband and three currently small children who help keep me grounded.

When I’m not day dreaming of creating new worlds for my stories or madly typing away on my laptop. I have plenty to keep me busy on the home front.


Angela will be giving away pens and autographed post cards to one commenter at every stop, and will choose one winner whose name will be used in Angela's next book.

Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here:  http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2012/03/virtual-book-tour-tiger-mine-by-angela.html



2 comments

  1. This sounds like such a good book! I can't wait to read it! Tigers are beautiful! Great idea!
    PhoenixCarvelli(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete