Saturday Promo - Sally Franklin Christie...




Bio

Sally Franklin Christie has spent her life achieving incredibly average goals. Her challenges and choices have led to into the world of organizing for social change,civil rights and helping people navigate in a world filled with physical barriers and discrimination. She photographs and paints landscapes,when she isn’t at the computer researching,networking and writing. Special interests include Missing Children and Adults,Astronomy,Character Traits and Criminal Thinking.
Blurb
Milk Carton People is a paranormal thriller about people who suddenly find themselves invisible,able to observe things but unable to participate.  Do they go mad?  Maybe they find others.  It is quite possible that there is no point in being invisible.
This is a book that plays on the very thin line of sanity and pure despair.  The characters act and react to the new challenges and the reader gets to go along for the ride.

Excerpt
I’m going to wake up,now,and go about my day with my cup
of coffee. By the time I get to work,the whole thing will disappear
like all dreams. I won’t even remember it.
She turned away from the little tree and took a few steps down
the sidewalk. She intended to turn back toward the book store
again,to somehow retake control of her destiny. As if turning
back would give everyone one more chance to tell her it was all in
fun and she was such a good sport.
Just then,a woman in an electric blue colored coat,walked
right into her.
“Excuse,me,” Ruth began and stopped speechless. For one
long,drawn out,slow motion,nightmare second,her vision was
obscured by a brownish red filter which blurred everything before
her. She felt hot,sticky,and confined. A cloying odor of spoiled
hamburger made her gasp for clean air. She tasted copper pennies
in her mouth. At the same time Ruth heard a gurgling noise and
a squeak and as the whole event suddenly ended she heard a plop
like pudding falling from a spoon back into the bowl.
A sudden cold sweat competed with stomach acid lurching
into her throat. Ruth swallowed it back and turned to watch as
the woman in electric blue continued walking down the sidewalk
without breaking stride. Ruth watched the woman in the electric
blue coat disappear around the corner.
“No,” Ruth said aloud with authority. “No,” she repeated
louder,hoping make it all go away. “This did not happen.”
She walked to the nearest building and stood close to the cold
bricks in the shadows.
I have to go home.

Buy Links 


This is the Trailer Link or embed code...



email:  sally@sallyfranklinchristie
Twitter:  sallychristie

4 comments

  1. Thank you so much Rachel for having me here. I am honored. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't get over the milk cartons! Your newest book looks great. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super interview. I really want to read this book. I've got to find the time. I love your trailer too. I've got to get a good one made .
    Linda. Hays-Gibbs
    My Angel My Light As Darkness Falls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally, your book blurb is truly thought-provoking. It's hard to imagine a more nightmarish situation. I must put your book on my "to read" list, because I so want to know if these people are "newly dead" and in some between state, or something different entirely. It looks to be an emotion ride.

    All the best
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete