Welcome Eternal Press author, Diane Scott Lewis!



My first guest author this week is Eternal Press', Diane Scott Lewis. She is an historical romance author whose books are set in Cornwall, one of the most stunningly beautiful parts of the UK. Let's get started with the interview...

1) Did you set any goals for 2012? My goal was to get the sequel to my debut novel—The False Light—published. I met that goal: Without Refuge was released on March 7th from Eternal Press. Both novels follow a displaced countess during the turbulence of the French Revolution.

2) What is the best part of the writing process for you? Since I write historicals, it’s finding that interesting bit of historical detail I can use, such as food or clothing or an apothecary jar. Some interesting tidbit I can blend into my story.

3) The worst part? Grammar restrictions! There are so many to follow, but I notice most major authors aren’t hindered by these petty formalities.

4) What is the book you wish you’d written? The Lady’s Slipper, by Deborah Swift. It’s beautifully written and compelling.

5) Favourite author/s & book/s? I change all the time in my favorites. I love historical fiction with plenty of details about daily life. I like learning something when I read about the era where the books are set. I just read a book by Lynn Shepherd and I was on the edge of my seat until the end of her Gothic Victorian mystery.

6) Tell us about your latest release? Without Refuge continues my heroine’s adventures during the era of the French Revolution. She’s left England after her lover is presumed drowned, and joins her mother in sultry New Orleans. The revolutionaries have followed her, searching for the money her father stole. She also refuses to believe her lover is dead.

7) Tease us with a blurb/short excerpt. Here’s the blurb:

In 1796, ruined countess Bettina Jonquiere leaves England after the reported drowning of her lover, Everett. In New Orleans she struggles to establish a new life for her children. Soon a ruthless Frenchman demands the money stolen by her father at the start of the French Revolution. In this sequel to The False Light, Bettina is forced on a dangerous mission to France to recover the funds. She unravels dark family secrets, but will she find the man she lost as well?

8) What is your favourite attribute of the hero and heroine? Bravery, no wilting, or whining, etc. The women are strong and can manage without the men when they need to. They’re intelligent and never resort to flaunting themselves to get their way. The hero has to have a touch of mystery about him, tall and dark-haired, with a painful past he must overcome.

9) What’s next? I’m working on my first historical mystery, set in eighteenth century Cornwall during the American Revolution. My heroine, an apothecary, is accused of murdering the squire’s wife. He is also accused of complicity in the deed, and together they must uncover the culprit while fighting their inappropriate attraction to one another.

10) Tell me where you write? I have a little office in my house.

11) Where would you like your career to be in 5 years? I say this every five years, but I’d like an agent, someone to nurture me in my career. I hope I can interest a major publisher with my historical mystery.

12) You can visit my website at

http://www.dianescottlewis.org

My first three novels—including Elysium, a novel of desire and murder during Napoleon’s exile—are available at Amazon, plus from my publisher:

http://www.eternalpress.biz/

Fabulous interview, Diane! Thanks for being here and sharing more about yourself and your fabulous books. Diane is waiting for your questions and comments...

6 comments

  1. Rachel, thank you so much for hosting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed The False Light and am looking forward to beginning 'Without Refuge' - love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Anita - fabulous cover. Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new release, Diane. I haven't read this one but I know from your other books that it will be a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Job Rachel! Very nice blog-spot.

    Diane, I have to say that the photo of you is a very good one. I like the colors and the spunky look. Makes me wonder what was happening in the room at the moment the camera captured you.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. BIG CONGRATS on the new Release! Wishing you great Sales.

    Enjoyed the Interview Post, and great Cover too!

    hugs, Kari Thomas
    www.authorkari.com

    ReplyDelete