Welcome fellow Blue Ridge Agency author, Phyllis Humphrey!



It's my pleasure to welcome fellow Blue Ridge Literary Agency author, Phyllis Humphrey to my blog today. Phyllis was one of the first authors to welcome me to the agency and has been endless welcoming since. I am looking forward to learning more about her and her romance centered around the Titanic tragedy...

1. When and why did you decide you wanted to be a published author?

I decided I wanted to write when I was able to read. I wanted to be a published author when I read romance novels and decided I could do that on my way to writing the Great American Novel. (Haven't written the GAN yet).

2. What is the best and worse thing you have learned from an editor/agent?

The best thing I learned from an editor was that persistence--and always trying to learn and improve--are powerful aids.

3. Favourite author/s?

Daphne du Maurier, Dick Francis, Sue Grafton. Gee, they're all mystery or suspense writers, but that's where I hope to be some day.

4. What is your typical day?

A typical day used to be to write first thing in the morning, but now I open e-mail and then prioritize my tasks for the day.


5. Here's a short blurb ,from COLD APRIL my 2011 release:

"Englishwoman Elizabeth Shallcross wants to end her career as a governess and go to America for new opportunities.Her last job makes it possible, as she is to travel to New York with American widower, Richard Graham, and his young daughter. It's 1912 and their ship is Titanic. Both Richard and another passenger vie for Beth's attention, but when the ship strikes an iceberg, who will survive?"

6. Who would you cast to play your hero & heroine in a movie?

I would love to cast George Clooney if I had the right script. For this book, I'd like Matthew McConnaghy or Ben Affleck, with Keira Knightly as Beth..

7. Did you plan this book? Or write it as it came?

The plot came to me first. Then I had to write characters whom the reader cares about

8. What surprised you the most when you became a published?

I wasn't very surprised when I became a published author because I'd spent years reading writing books and magazines, going to workshops and conferences.

9. Do you have a dedicated writing space? What does it look like?

My writing space is my own ten-by-ten room with two desks and lots of storage space. And two doors, one to the garage, so I can escape if I want to.

10) What's next for you?

I hope to finish the mystery I'm currently writing and then a mystery series I started a year ago.

My website is www.phyllishumphrey.com, and I have a Blog where visitors can read some posts I did about the fascinating things I learned about Titanic that didn't get into my novel. I'm on Facebook but forget to look at it. The best place to reach me is e-mail from my website.

Phyllis would love to hear from you!

Comments??

No comments

Post a Comment