Welcome fellow Wild Rose Press author, Gail Macmillan!



Although I have introduced Gail as a Wild Rose Press author, I popped along to her website earlier and she has written for many different publishers and had a plethora of books published! Really happy to have you here, Gail and very much looking forward to learning more about you...

1. Do you have goals for 2011?

Yes, I want to complete two currently half-written romance novels and start on a third.

2. What is the best part of the writing process for you?

The first draft, when you can run free with the story.


3. The worst part?

When I find what I call plot holes, places where I've glitched on something that should have been obvious.

4. What is the book you wish you'd written?

Big decision here. Jamaica Inn or Frenchman's Creek.

5. Favorite author/s & book/s

Currently M. C. Beaton as an author, also Elizabeth Peters, L. M. Montgomery, Jane Austen, Maureen Jennings and any of their books

6. Tell us about your latest release.


My latest release is today...a historical romance entitled Caledonian Privateer. It's set in England, the Maritime Provinces of Canada, and the Caribbean during the War of 1812. The heroine has stolen a priceless necklace that once belonged to Marie Antoinette and later teams up with the captain of a privateering ship to make her escape from England and a marriage she's determined to avoid.

7. What is your favorite attribute of the hero and heroine?

Their courage and determination. They're ready to take on the world and (especially in the case of the heroine) do it with a sense of humor and good will.

8. What's next?

Three more romance novels, I hope, plus a memoir and a few magazine pieces.


9. Tell me where you write?

Sometimes at my computer, sometimes in front of the fireplace in winter, in the gazebo in summer.

10. Where would you like your career to be in 5 years?

I'd like to have either an award-winning or best selling romance. My dog books have already won awards but never my romances.


11: Where can we find you?

You can find me at www.gailmacmillan.com

Thanks for being here with us for the next couple of days, Gail - I'd love to hear more about your dog books. I love dogs! My black Labrador, Max is my third child...we're currently considering get another dog in the very near future, yay!

Comments?

No comments

Post a Comment