Welcome Desert Breeze Publishing author, Theresa Stillwagon!


Happy to welcome Theresa today to show off her beautiful book cover and talk about how the pressure with writing doesn't end when that beloved manuscript is sold...oh no!!

Over to you, Theresa....

A new kind of pressure

Everyone needs goals and deadlines. If we didn’t set goals for ourselves, we’ll never feel a sense of achievement when we meet them. And if we didn’t have deadlines, we probably wouldn’t meet them at all.

Before I sold my first book in 2008, I didn’t really have any set goals or a good, firm deadline. Why bother? I’d been writing for over twenty years, and what?

Then I sold my first book. I still remember the excitement of signing that contract, the dread of going through edits, and the thrill of looking at that first cover.

Then… nothing.

I sold my second book, to a different company and the process started all over again. When I sold a second book to this company with just a synopsis and first three chapters, I thought I was finally in the big leagues.

Then a bunch of manuscripts were rejected.

Until… I sold a series called The Sisters Callaway. Saving Pale Moon is the first book of this series. It was released in April. Book two, Renovations, is finished and waiting for edits. Its release date is in November. Yesterday I just started writing the third one in the series, A Difficult Choice, and I’m feeling a new kind of pressure. This one is due at the publisher in March. And while writing book three of the series, I have one line edit and two full edits to get through. Plus I want to write a second book in a second series called Winter Creek, Montana. The first one is out in August.

No more messing around.

Twenty years ago I actually gave up writing.

I’m glad I decided to stick with it.

And, as if we writers don’t have enough on our plates, I decided to step out and try to do a book trailer.

Yeah, that was interesting.

Buy links for Saving Pale Moon

Desert Breeze Publishing:

http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-151/%3Ci%3EThe-Sisters-Calloway-Book/Detail.bok

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Sisters-Calloway-Book-One-ebook/dp/B004V9KBV4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1306002749&sr=1-5

In case you’re interested, a book trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivWW-oJs5wY

Great post, Theresa - I couldn't agree more. In fact, I think the pressure only increases once you are multi-published because it's important to keep up sales on ALL your books and not just your latest. If you want readers to 'follow' you, they should know about your entire journey. Don't you think?

Comments?



1 comment

  1. I agree completely, Rachel. You've got to get your name out there. How else will you sell any books, right?
    Thanks for hosting me today. Appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete