This is Jennifer's first visit to my blog so I really hope my readers and visitors make her feel welcome! She is a fellow Wild Rose Press author with two 2011 (second available in August) releases, both with covers that I absolutely adore! So, first question, Jennifer, who was your cover artist and how thrilled are you with your covers? They certainly make me want to pick up your books, beautiful!
Anyway, on with the interview!
1) Who is your favourite author and why? Daphne Du Maurier is the author I read over and over again. I love how she combines mystery and suspense with a good romantic tale.
2) When did you first consider yourself a writer? A few years ago when I decided to become serious about writing. I scheduled writing days like a part time job and then I truly felt like a real writer. Getting published helps too!
3) Describe your writing space. I do most of my writing in our back study/ library. It has big desk with lots of books and papers. I need a little clutter to help me write.
4) What are you reading now? Cathy Maxwell’s “His Christmas Pleasure.” A little out of season, I know!
5) How many books have your written? Which is your favourite? I’ve written one full length “Priceless Deception” which is due out August 14, 2011, and the short story “Lover’s Gamble” which is available now at www.thewildrosepress.com. Though “Lover’s Gamble” was great fun to write, “Priceless Deception will probably remain my favorite because of all the time I spent with the characters.
6) What comes first, plot or characters? Definitely the characters.
7) Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? Not really. There are days I’m stuck, but that usually comes from the rewriting. I can always grab a pen and paper and get the words out. They may not be the best words, but that’s part of the process.
8) What do you like to do when you’re not writing? I love to read, travel, dine out, and see plays and movies. I also write and perform with an all female group called the kates. That keeps me pretty busy.
Tell us about your latest book? “Lover’s Gamble” is a fun, sexy regency romance that takes place in one of London’s notorious gaming houses. Miss Sophie Hartlend is a woman who likes to take risks, until one night when things go a little too far. Will she allow herself to be rescued?
10) What’s next for you? I’ll be getting ready to promote “Priceless Deception” which, as I mentioned earlier, will be available August 14th. I’m also working on a three part series of novella’s centered around a scandalous masquerade ball. I’m having a wonderful time writing this one!
Oooh, love the sound of what is 'coming next'! I am considering a three part Victorian romance series right now. But still unsure. I've never written a series before and can't help but worry about keeping the momentum going to maintain reader interest. Tell us more about what you have planned!