Mmm, a hunky hero in a kilt - always a nice thing to see! Welcome Elysabeth Williams!


Firstly I must thank Elysabeth for her patience! I thought I'd saved this interview, couldn't find it, ask her to send me it again, saw it and recognised it...and then found the original. Brain strain is my newest friend! Anyway, let's start, shall we?

1) Who is your favourite author and why? I tried to think about this one and I honestly can’t pin down a favorite author. Seeing the writer side of the fence makes me appreciate what writers do beyond spewing out words on a page. Everybody from the writer to the editor does so much work. As for personal tastes, I enjoy reading romance of all subgenres and urban fantasy and science fiction.


2) When did you first consider yourself a writer? I’ve considered myself a writer since “I owned it.” I said it out loud to people I’m not related to or married to. I write. I’m a writer.

3) Describe your writing space? It’s a huge red squishy chair with a huge red squishy ottoman. I don’t have a space. I just have a chair. It’s either that or starbucks and the occasional IHOP.

4) What are you reading now? Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.

5) How many books have your written? I’ve written two completed books.

6) Which is your favourite? They’re both so different I love them both for very different reasons. DEVIL IN A RED KILT was the first. Scottish, historical time travel. It was very serious with a little humor and lots of drama… My second is ELECTRIFYING EXPLOITS OF THE ENGLISH THREE. It’s a Victorian Steampunk and it’s full of action and humor. Very fast paced and fun.

7) What comes first, plot or characters? Plot. And character names. I love making up names.

8) Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? I suffer from “lookakitty!” I get distracted very easily, but never consider it writer’s block.

9) What do you like to do when you’re not writing? I like to sleep…Or play World of Warcraft.


10) Tell us about your latest book? DEVIL IN A RED KILT is about a married couple with serious issues. They’ve drifted apart, fight a lot, have huge misunderstandings and she has divorce papers in hand. On Halloween, they try to keep up the family tradition of a party, fight, and end up transported back to Scotland, in the 1200’s on opposite sides of a feuding clan. Since neither of them knows the other is there, they are alone, trying to figure out how to get home. Otherworldly secrets of her family are brought into the open and they struggle to put them in order and get back to each other.

11) What’s next for you? New Words! I’ll be starting a new Victorian Romance in November. I can’t wait!

Loved having you here, Elysabeth! From now on I'm coming to you for my characters names, I can't believe you love that part! I agonise over my character names - I trawl the phone book, think of my friends and family, ask the kids. It one of the worst parts for me so I've saved you in my plotting file to consult in due course! ; )

1 comment

  1. Bring on the names, Rachel! It's one of my favorite parts. Figuring out what name makes the man or makes the woman is just fun. :D
    Thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete