Welcome my very first guest who writes for Whiskey Creek Press - Elaine Cantrell!

Hi Elaine!
I am so excited to have you here today because 1) I've never interviewed an author who writes for Whiskey Creek Press and would love to learn more about them and 2) I am dying to know who designed the cover for Return Engagement! It is stunning!

Anyway, we can chat more when all my lovely readers join us, let's get on with the interview...

1) Who is your favorite author and why?

Wow, that’s a hard one! I like the way Elizabeth Peters mixes comedy, romance, and mystery. I like the way Larry McMurtry creates memorable characters. I like the way Margaret Mitchell wove fact and fiction so beautifully together. I like Heather Graham’s depiction of the paranormal. I could go on and on. When you read as much as I do there’s no such thing as one favorite author.

2) When did you first consider yourself a writer?

Truthfully, not until very recently. In my head I guess I always thought it was a mistake because I couldn’t possibly be good enough to write novels. But I am. I’ve had six books published and have another on the way. When I finally accepted the truth, my confidence level shot through the roof.

3) Describe your writing space?

Until my computer died a sudden and violent death, I wrote in my little office across from my bedroom. I moved all of my favorite things into the room-my bookcase filled with my favorite books, a nice desk, a TV, a small bed for naps. It was great, and then my husband found it. He liked it so much he moved his things in there too. It was a bit crowded, but if I turned my desk chair around he’d give me a foot rub or paint my toenails for me which was really great.

All of that changed after the computer died. My husband called me one day to say that he’d bought me a laptop. It’s really a wonderful computer, but it doesn’t fit properly onto my desk. These days I’m writing downstairs in my recliner with my laptop on my lap. I don’t like it nearly as well.

4) What are you reading now?

I just finished Lancelot’s Lady by Cherish DeAngelo and have started Corsair by Clive Cussler. Obviously, I read more than just romance.

5) How many books have your written? Which is your favourite?

I have six books to my credit with a seventh coming either late this year or early next year. My favorite is usually the one I’m working on, but I do have a fondness for Return Engagement. I loved my characters so much I’ve written a sequel and have a third book mostly finished.

6) What comes first, plot or characters?

Plot, always the plot.

7) Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

I sure do! I’m going through it right now, but I’m trying to write my way out of it.

8) What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

I like to collect vintage Christmas ornaments, read, go to movies, and play with my grandchildren.

9) Tell us about your latest book?

Return Engagement is my latest. It came out July 1 and is published with Whiskey Creek Press. http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com

Here’s a blurb about the book:

Elizabeth Lane has heard the call of the four most seductive words in the entire English language: what might have been. Would you risk everything you hold dear to find out what might have been? That’s the choice which Elizabeth has to make.

Elizabeth is lucky, for she has it all, money, fame, a satisfying career and a devoted fiancĂ©. Her humble beginnings are all but obscured, but she isn’t the kind of woman Senator Henry Lovinggood wants for his son, Richard. Senator Lovinggood plans to make Richard the President of the United States; he’ll need a woman from a wealthy, powerful family by his side. Ten years ago he broke Richard and Elizabeth up, but this time it won’t be so easy, for Elizabeth wants to know what might have been. This time she’ll fight back, a struggle which ultimately leads to kidnapping and attempted murder and alienates her from the man of her dreams.

10) What’s next for you?

I’ll soon be doing edits for a book called Kara’s Change of Heart which will be published by Lachesis Publishing. I’m also editing my sequel to Return Engagement.

Thanks for having me, Rachel.

You're so welcome, Elaine! Please tell us more about your experience with Whisky Creek Press, I'd love to know. OK, people, Elaine is waiting...


No comments

Post a Comment