Brook Cottage Books Blog Tour

Saturday, 18 September 2010

Getting Ready to Roll Back to the '80s!!!


It is less than two weeks until the release of my very first novella-length story and I cannot wait!! I have dedicated this story to old my school friends who went to Downend County Primary School with me back in 1985, and I really hope all my old girlfriends track it down and buy a copy.

Writing this book was a lot of fun because I wrote most of it with my favourite '80s songs on in the background to get the mood really going. The heroine, Lisa Cavendish is a mixture of how I imagine my grown-up friends from the '80s to be as well as a dose of myself thrown in. Knowing she lived through a time that I have myself, I felt I could write her honestly as well as authentically - and certainly a lot easier than I can my current heroine...a twenty-two year old in 19th century Bath, LOL!

Anyway, this post was just a reminder that Transatlantic Loving will be available in e-format only from September 29th - here's the link for the download.


Have a great weekend! Oh, and don't forget to cast your vote on my poll!

xxx

3 comments:

  1. You must be massively excited! Good luck with it, Rachel.

    Best,

    Rach.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a highschooler in the 80s, I think I'm definitely going to be able to relate to these books and their stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to 'see' you here, ladies!! Weren't the 80s a fab time? I LOVE writing this story, I need to find time to do another, me thinks!! xx

    ReplyDelete