Now we know the Skhye is the limit in romance writing!!!!


First of all, apologises for the sad introduction, Skhye, LOL!! I couldn't think of a better intro for you and this is the result...hmmm. Anyway, I think I can truly say that Skhye Moncrief has pushed the romance genre to the limit with her latest acceptance, the world is open to anything and everything so get writing and don't let that internal editor beat you into submission of a traditional romance!!!

Thanks for having me over, Rachel. I'm certain you'll cringe when I start to ramble... But the fact is quite overwhelming for me. I sold my were-wolf space opera. I know what you're thinking. I do. I infer it all the time through the facial expressions on people who've asked what I'm writing lately. I get that "huh" mask. So, just what is a were-wolf space opera?

Were-wolf space opera: something akin to Star Wars or Battlestar Galactica with were-wolves.

But I couldn't just leave the concept of were-wolf space opera there. No. I threw in vampires too. But my vampires are the traditional extra-terrestrial alien with large head, black almond-shaped eyes, frail/petite body, etc. Then, one must write about the 2012 end-of-the-world legends. Right? Add a pinch of soul mates. *shake jar vigorously* And voila, psychics who fight for your freedom of thought against the emperor of the universe who wants you serving as his next pet zombie. And I don't know anyone who wants to be a zombie!

As you can see, I was truly worried I'd never sell this cross-genre masterpiece. Yes, I know. My assessments are biased. But I know that, so, it's okay to throw in words that don't apply. ROFL

I would just like to add that I'm aware all of my work is too speculative. But I just can't control that aspect of my creativity. I can't stop mixing time travel with cults, fairies, were-wolves, psychic vampires, psychics, witches, and ghosts. It's like I have some affliction--some horrible untreatable bacterial infection. And, no, I don't recall any lost time memories from nights when aliens tried to "beam me up" or poke needles in my eyes. No. I only did that to my hero in my were-wolf space opera! *snort* But he's having a bad day.
So, I'm here to revel in the news--my personal madness--that I sold my were-wolf space opera in all its darkest glory to New Concepts Publishing.

Now, if only I could find that little piece of paper with my grocery list scrawled upon it... Alas, I have two cats who find everything exciting and have probably ran off with said list.
~Skhye

Listen to Skhye ramble at SKHYE'S RAMBLINGS http://blog.skhyemoncrief.com where you can check out her backlist of speculative romance, a gazillion publishing links, read her thoughts on over 200 reference books, and be amazed by her Friday guests who blog about the research they did when writing their novels. You just never know when an author will spill the beans on the end-all be-all source for the information you've been searching for! If that's not enough, join Skhye's yahoo-group-newsletter to be in the running to win her monthly drawing for a Time-Guardian Fan Kit. She's usually hosting some other monthly contest. So don't miss out on trying to win a Celtic album this May! The link to the newsletter is at her blog mentioned above. ;) ~Skhye



"Arthur is a masterpiece..." HE OF THE FIERY SWORD's King Arthur ~Diane Mason; The Romance Studio

"FORBIDDEN ETERNITY... spine-tingling suspense. The story is dynamite; it explodes off the page and leaves you breathless for more." ~Tulip, LASR

“THE SPELL OF THE KILLING MOON offers the best of spine-tingling suspense. The setting is perfect... Moncrief’s ability to wield magic and emotion are without compare. Her words twist together emotions and visuals until you experience this tale as if the trap were set for you. Some lines blend a kind of poetic magic: “Moonlight wove a special kind of magic, a spell so vacillating that a person never knew if reality were anything other than a dream.” Darkness and premonitions and deadly intent fill these pages... a unique blend of mystic Medieval Gothic and romance…and a true blood-curdling thriller." ~Snapdragon, LASR

"Intense, original, suspenseful, and dramatic... an unpredictable topsy-turvy romance... the suspense builds with every page in SACRIFICIAL HEARTS. In a world where symbols mean everything, magic is the way..." ~Snapdragon; LASR

Stories available at www.thewildrosepress.com
www.timeguardians.com
www.skhyemoncrief.com

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Ghandi

8 comments

  1. Hi, Rachel! Thanks for having me over. :) Today's madness: Find that bakery who made the wedding cake I ate last Friday night... I'm ordering one if the baker sells it as a regular cake! Has anyone ever had a pink champagne cake? OMG!!! I've been eating cake and brownies all week because I'm fantasizing about that wedding cake... See how this equates to madness? ~Skhye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, Skhye and Rachel and congratulations on your new Contract, Skhye, this book sounds so fascinating! I'm so glad it's going to be published!

    As for pink champagne wedding cake, sounds amazing. Over here our wedding cakes are usually fruit, I made my own and it was full of cherry brandy, sherry and Scotch Brandy. We told the guests not to drive until the next day LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice interview - LOL - and yes, Skhye you must have caught some kind of alien infection while you were doing all your research. :-)

    Congratulations again on the contract!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Skhye!

    Wow! Great reviews on your work...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new contract, Skhye!!!

    Very exciting, my friend!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new contract sky. You're staying busy. You given that most of what I read is somehow classified in the speculative genres, I don't think you can have too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new tagline!
    Congrats on your werewolf space opera! What reference books did you use for that one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Amber, I didn't use any. It's just a mishmash of everything I've read over the years. I used to be a big extraterrestrial enthusiast, combine all the popular 2012 myths with some I've stumbled upon, and then I'm a big space opera fan... I say fear what goes through my mind!

    Oooooo, Lyn. Sounds good! I ordered a cake today. The baker says it's made with a spumante. So, ooooooooo la la. I'm picking my delicious $29 cake up on Tuesday!!!

    Yes, Donna. I think you're right. *snicker*

    Thanks, Debra, AM, and Beth!!! Thanks for all the congrats everyone. I'm still working on the sequel. Mum's the word. ROFL ~Skhye

    ReplyDelete